Micah Richards

Remember his debut for England against the dutch. Only 18 and he was the best player on the pitch in that game.

Not the way I see it. He lost his athleticism and agility when he seemed to put on too much upper body muscle when out injured. He seemed to be unbalanced and not a natural footballers build. As a result he lost his ability to lieterally get his body in the right places and positioning to be a top level defender.

I would guess these caused all kinds of muscle injuries, it became a nightmare for him, a shame as he was a nice kid and after City he could have went on and had a very good career elsewhere.

Strange that he's not getting used at all, as he's surely good enough to play in the Championship. Then again, Villa are doing well at the moment so I guess that vindicates Bruce's decision. Shame to see his career in freefall though as had such great potential and was such a popular figure at City. Is it my imagination, or did he reject the chance to extend his contract at City to seek regular football elsewhere?

Strange that he's not getting used at all, as he's surely good enough to play in the Championship. Then again, Villa are doing well at the moment so I guess that vindicates Bruce's decision. Shame to see his career in freefall though as had such great potential and was such a popular figure at City. Is it my imagination, or did he reject the chance to extend his contract at City to seek regular football elsewhere?

Yes thats correct. He revealed back in 2014 that he rejected a 5 year contract in pursuit of first team football whilst he was on loan to Fiorentina.

Feels like Ogden's almost revelling in Richards' misfortune:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.