Michael Shields

Apparently Sankey is an Everton fan who was on holiday in Bulgaria.

I don't know if he is innocent, but I do know is scousers love a good moan and everything is always twice as bad for them than anyone else.

Everyone hates Scousers but what if it was a blue in the same situation, would the fans get behind him and would the club?

Rimsky said:
Everyone hates Scousers but what if it was a blue in the same situation, would the fans get behind him and would the club?

It would depend on the witnesses who were actually there and if you take a look at our Transfer pages you will understand where I'm coming from.

Its difficult to try and make a decision when you don't have all the facts. I think the amount of people who went into his room and said that they saw him asleep has'nt helped, it was a bit school boyish to think that the courts would believe all of them.

It seems to me that a lot of the suspicion regarding the verdict is because it took place in a Bulgarian Court. Yet, it is quite possible that a British Jury would have reached the same verdict given the facts of the case.

As I understand it, Shields was allowed to serve his sentance in a British Prison on the condition that he serve the sentance handed down by the Bulgarian Courts. The British Government would (politically) find it very hard not to respect this agreement as to do otherwise would be interpreted as them saying they have no faith in the Bulgarian legal system.

Reading that newspaper article I find it hard to doubt his guilt.

My favourite joke about Scousers is that if a car battery dies, they open up a book of condolence.

Why is this on this page. I couldn't care less, and if people wish to discuss it then put it on "another topic".
nobby_31

Shooter 83 said:
The lad who did it owned up to it. But Back tracked he's statement when he learned he'd be looking at 10+ years.

the wanker owned up to it when he was back in England

Some bits of the alibi were strange, but I dont think he did it. Someone I know was in prison with him in Cumbria (I think he has now been moved to an open prison in Preston. Iv not read the paper article yet though!

I think lots of Liverpool fans really have the wrong idea about Bulgaria. Just because it's former Soviet bloc people talk about it like the verdict of a Bulgarian court is completely untrustworthy.

Bulgaria is not Zimbabwe. It's in NATO, it's in the European Union, it's a proper functioning democracy with a proper legal system. Of course courts make mistakes, but just because it's a Bulgarian court doesn't make it a really dodgy verdict.

And the Liverpool players shouldn't glorify a convicted criminal and hooligan.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.