Michael Vaughan

Mr Blue Sky

Big announcement looming at 1.00pm on SSN my guess is that he will probably retire from Test cricket, shame really because he's been a good catain over the last few years.

He had to stand down. Poor NZ series both with the bat and not attacking SA enough.

BUT he won the Ashes. Which possibly went to his head. I was embarrassed when England did the open bus tour, met the Queen and made the players MBEs for winning a series. Collingwood only hit 6 runs and got MBE ! Under Vaughan England have not progressed since then.

New captain Fred or Pieterson would do me and as Fred is a BLUE I would go for him.

Danish Blue said:
one of the most correct batsmen ever

in horrible form so lets give him a break but he has ability

Agreed.

I feel sorry for him. It's the right thing to do, but it must have been the hardest thing to do.

he's aither a great big jessie or is trying a bit of media manipulation .

Bet he's not crying when he gets his IPL contract (if he hasn't already)

National team captain my arse....................

It's a terrible time to step down (although his complete lack of runs made it innevitable), there's no-one in the current squad who is in a situation to replace him. Cook and Bell are too young, Strauss has only recently regained his form/place, Pietersen doesn't have the right make up to be a captain, Collingwood and Ambrose aren't even certain of being in the squad let alone captaining it. Flintoff needs to be left alone to get form and fitness back after a long layoff, Anderson is another whose place isn't secure. Panesar? Don't make me laugh. I suppose Sidebottom might be a shout, but he's goign to be bowling a large number of overs, is he really the best to be setting the field as well? The problem is you've got to pick one of these guys, the media are all over the prospect of Pietersen but I'd go for Strauss personally.

Matty said:
It's a terrible time to step down (although his complete lack of runs made it innevitable), there's no-one in the current squad who is in a situation to replace him. Cook and Bell are too young, Strauss has only recently regained his form/place, Pietersen doesn't have the right make up to be a captain, Collingwood and Ambrose aren't even certain of being in the squad let alone captaining it. Flintoff needs to be left alone to get form and fitness back after a long layoff, Anderson is another whose place isn't secure. Panesar? Don't make me laugh. I suppose Sidebottom might be a shout, but he's goign to be bowling a large number of overs, is he really the best to be setting the field as well? The problem is you've got to pick one of these guys, the media are all over the prospect of Pietersen but I'd go for Strauss personally.

Don't be ridiculous. He can hardly run with that massive head, let alone bowl.
And how do you expect him to get his arm over without knocking one of them mache ears off......?

They've picked the Beckham of cricket to captain the national side.

Expect to get another 5-0 from the Aussies.

The man has very little respect from his teamates according to 5live this morning and is not a teamplayer.

Bad decision IMO.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.