Might be in the North West this Summer. Any tips as to hotels and things to see etc.

I would say the museum of science and industry is well worth a visit as is the imperial war museum IWM. The City stadium tour is also good you can catch a tram out there and to the Quays where the IWM is and Lowry gallery. Personally I found the national football museum a tad boring. Quite a few threatres, other galleries and music venues like glasgow I suspect. Pub wise The Lass, Peverill, Brittons, Toms Chop House all proper. I agree with others the cricket at the real Old Trafford is a blast if you can catch a good game. Also a thriving gay village if that rocks your boat and chinatown with many good restaurants. If you venture to Liverpool the waterfront is pretty impressive.

I would say the museum of science and industry is well worth a visit as is the imperial war museum IWM. The City stadium tour is also good you can catch a tram out there and to the Quays where the IWM is and Lowry gallery. Personally I found the national football museum a tad boring. Quite a few threatres, other galleries and music venues like glasgow I suspect. Pub wise The Lass, Peverill, Brittons, Toms Chop House all proper. I agree with others the cricket at the real Old Trafford is a blast if you can catch a good game. Also a thriving gay village if that rocks your boat and chinatown with many good restaurants. If you venture to Liverpool the waterfront is pretty impressive.

Cheers, with all the good suggestions I will need to stay a month!

Seems like a place I could grow to love. The only problem I have now is I have gone from not really having a clue how to spend a day or two, to having so many things I would like to do that I'm getting as agitated as fuck trying to work out what to leave for a second visit.

I really appreciate you all taking the time to ensure I enjoy my stay in your city.

I will check out the events calendar for the summer and take it from there.

Although I have to be honest going to one of the many pubs, staying too long then waking up in a hedge is a distinct possibility also.

Is there any bars that have open mic nights? I love to visit these types of places and see what kind of musical talent a city has. Also I'm a musician, of sorts, and enjoy a jam. Especially after waking up in a hedge.

You should have a mooch around Oldham St pub wise. Matt & Phreds Jazz club, The Castle and Night &Day cafe are good for music. The Millstone for crooners.
A few vinyl record shops dotted around as well........although you'd have to get a taxi out to find anything reasonable on the hedge front.

You should have a mooch around Oldham St pub wise. Matt & Phreds Jazz club, The Castle and Night &Day cafe are good for music. The Millstone for crooners.
A few vinyl record shops dotted around as well........although you'd have to get a taxi out to find anything reasonable on the hedge front.

I take my own hedge with me.

I will certainly try out those pubs with live music. I don't know why I like them so much as it just reinforces how shit I am, but I get over that. I'm not bitter

Cheers, with all the good suggestions I will need to stay a month!

Seems like a place I could grow to love. The only problem I have now is I have gone from not really having a clue how to spend a day or two, to having so many things I would like to do that I'm getting as agitated as fuck trying to work out what to leave for a second visit.

I really appreciate you all taking the time to ensure I enjoy my stay in your city.

I will check out the events calendar for the summer and take it from there.

Although I have to be honest going to one of the many pubs, staying too long then waking up in a hedge is a distinct possibility also.

Is there any bars that have open mic nights? I love to visit these types of places and see what kind of musical talent a city has. Also I'm a musician, of sorts, and enjoy a jam. Especially after waking up in a hedge.
The Salford Arms on Chapel Street used to have open mic nights. Probably still do. Good beer and food there. Or at least it was when I last went there a couple of years ago.

Nags Head off Deansgate does Karaoke at the weekends but that's probably not what you mean. Decent pub though.

The Salford Arms on Chapel Street used to have open mic nights. Probably still do. Good beer and food there. Or at least it was when I last went there a couple of years ago.

Nags Head off Deansgate does Karaoke at the weekends but that's probably not what you mean. Decent pub though.

I will check those out. I prefer a musician based sing song, but after a few listening to people murder songs can be amusing. Singing is good for you and I like seeing people enjoying themselves, so I don't get all high and mighty about Karaoke and now and then there are some great singers.

Now and then.

Do they do the tours of the ground through the summer? And you are right I would love the science and industry museums.

Loads of great suggestions on this so thanks to everybody who took the time to give me a heads up.

Anybody coming up here please feel free to ask for a return of the favour.
Sorry for late reply magic. Been working on Isle of Seil 15 miles south of Oban. No internet or phone signal. Just conche shells on twine!

Although I've never done the stadium tour, almost certain it is open all year round mate

Sorry for late reply magic. Been working on Isle of Seil 15 miles south of Oban. No internet or phone signal. Just conche shells on twine!

Although I've never done the stadium tour, almost certain it is open all year round mate

I bet those conche shells are faster than my broadband. :)

I have had a look at they do happen in the summer.

As I said, I now have so many things competing for time that I am going to have a hard time deciding.

I will probably just get a Asda bag for life filled with Suoer Lagers and wander about the city centre singing and asking people if they are alright.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.