Mild aggravation outside Wembley

Before the game some sad middle aged c**t screamed at me in full view of three smiling coppers 'shit club no history'

They all looked very smug after the game, I don't understand their massive entitlement they've always gone years without winning anything. Maybe the bitterness is down to the south not being the success / hotbed of the game, but the North West, reluctant as I am to throw that in.

Oh and Woolwich wants it's club back.

From what I can gather, a minority of fans on both sides let themselves down. I personally didn't witness any trouble or any smugness from any Gooners afterwards. In fact, me and a mate walked back to Wembley Central after the main body of City fans had gone so was in the minority with Arsenal fans all around. Nipped into an off license and got talking to a couple of them outside. Proper old school fans and as far removed from a tarquin as you can get. Same again near the station - while waiting for the queues to die down we got talking to a group of long-standing Gooners and chatted about the Wenger situation, etc. There was no smugness or criticism of City from any of them - just proper football fans happy to have a natter.

No disrespect to Spurs but if we'd played them on Sunday the trouble would've been far worse.

Only just saw the second video. I'm always a bit cynical of footage like this because we don't see what happened before the recording started.

However, one thing I will say is that the lad in his early 20s who dropped the older man twice, was definitely seen doing so by at least one copper. Look at the copper who pushes him away, he was clearly looking at him when he threw the second punch. Cowardice of the highest order from that copper, probably scared of being on the end of one himself. Baton should have been out round the scrote's knees.

Would not surprise me if there was some prejudice towards northerners from them Police, seem to be very selective in what they see on a lot of these trips, they hate us and make that pretty clear. The lad who did it will come to a sticky end with a bit of luck.

I was there when shit kicked off as the fans merged coming out of the ground and it was City fans who threw the first punches, highly provoked but nevertheless they started it.. Sure there were other scuffles where we were not responsible for starting it but its poor show, we got funnelled into the Gooner masses with our colours on but had no drama whatsoever, they were happy to chat football without gloating or taking the piss..

Enlighten me why we would sing that song against Wigan
Because the news broke late Friday night that Mancini was to be sacked, irrespective of the result; and Pellegrini was replacing him. That chant was heard in all the pubs, outside and inside the stadium.

Because the news broke late Friday night that Mancini was to be sacked, irrespective of the result; and Pellegrini was replacing him. That chant was heard in all the pubs, outside and inside the stadium.
I don't remember it mate

I don't remember it mate

The atmosphere upon entering the stadium was strange, nasty almost. That's how I remember it now. The whole day was spoilt for me. I was chanting it too. How could this happen? This man had just delivered 2 major trophies in consecutive seasons... I think many were shocked that this was allowed to over shadow the Cup final... and it certainly contributed to a lack lustre performance. The club PR that day and the following day was shocking.

I remember on the morning everyone knew it was Mancini's last game, I didn't hear any anti Pellegrini chants though mate. Saw plenty of Blues fighting with each other though.

I was behind the goal on the third team.a few renditions of "You can stick Pellegrini up your arse" to the left of me. I also spotted the scraps you referred too.

The atmosphere upon entering the stadium was strange, nasty almost. That's how I remember it now. The whole day was spoilt for me. I was chanting it too. How could this happen? This man had just delivered 2 major trophies in consecutive seasons... I think many were shocked that this was allowed to over shadow the Cup final... and it certainly contributed to a lack lustre performance. The club PR that day and the following day was shocking.

Same here. It was a horrible day, even pre-match.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.