Mild aggravation outside Wembley

I never saw any blue on blue trouble or with Arsenal fans. I chatted to a few of them with no bother whatsoever and travelled to and from central London on mixed tubes, as well as walking up and down Wembley Way. It felt like a relatively friendly day all round to me.

The atmosphere upon entering the stadium was strange, nasty almost. That's how I remember it now. The whole day was spoilt for me. I was chanting it too. How could this happen? This man had just delivered 2 major trophies in consecutive seasons... I think many were shocked that this was allowed to over shadow the Cup final... and it certainly contributed to a lack lustre performance. The club PR that day and the following day was shocking.

Wasn't it (allegedly) Barcelona who leaked it to the press on the night before the final as some sort of revenge for tapping up Pep, who we wanted to replace Bobby. Think City were caught totally unawares by it all

Wasn't it (allegedly) Barcelona who leaked it to the press on the night before the final as some sort of revenge for tapping up Pep, who we wanted to replace Bobby. Think City were caught totally unawares by it all

Yes allegedly. Not sure how the club were caught unawares? It all became true within 48 hours. Unless you mean the story breaking Friday rather than Monday?

The club should have defused the situation by stating RM is our manager, we are concentrating on the cup final only blah blah.. we may still have been unhappy? But we may have won the cup.

It kicked off to fuck near the corner flag,proper haymakers being thrown,also a big thanks to the dicks who were throwing flags grow up some twat will get his fucking eye taken out.seen loads of blues absolutely bladdered by 1 o'clock no wonder it kicks off.

Yes allegedly. Not sure how the club were caught unawares? It all became true within 48 hours. Unless you mean the story breaking Friday rather than Monday?

The club should have defused the situation by stating RM is our manager, we are concentrating on the cup final only blah blah.. we may still have been unhappy? But we may have won the cup.

Yeah I mean they probably didn't expect the story to break in the Saturday morning papers... too late for the PR wheels to grind into action in time for the final

It kicked off to fuck near the corner flag,proper haymakers being thrown,also a big thanks to the dicks who were throwing flags grow up some twat will get his fucking eye taken out.seen loads of blues absolutely bladdered by 1 o'clock no wonder it kicks off.
Blues have been getting bladdered by 1o'clock at matches since time immemorial, 2 of my uncles in the 50s would come home steaming after every game at Maine Rd, it happened in the 40s, 30s and no doubt the 20s, don't forget in them day's beer was proper beer as well, not like the gnat's piss they serve up today:)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.