Missed Games

mcfc moon

So this season I've missed 2 games at home, missing 12 city goals. Stoke and Leicester yesterday.

For Stoke, I'd planned a little trip away with the Mrs, without checking and there was no way I was going to risk a slap. Leicester, I'd arranged a father and son bonding session, beers, cars and city on tv.

Anyway, got me thinking, has anyone every missed a match where they ended up regretting it later on. I'm talking about where you had a ticket and didn't go for some reason. I guess there will be a few people who may have missed games due to losing a relative, so I assume you wouldn't regret not going to the game for something like that.

My biggest regret, was the United away 2-1 win in 2008. Me and my dad had tickets for the game, but we had a holiday planned. Anyway, we were in Florida, I'm not sure how old I was maybe 12/13?. I had no iPhone and no Laptop so I couldn't find out the score on the day of the game. The following morning, I still had no idea what score it was. I woke my dad up and told him to take me to the supermarket and we went in looking for a newspaper. Found one and on the back was a picture on Benjani, and it said something like the city is blue. I read on and I ran back to my dad screaming that we'd won.

It's a weird one, I'd have loved to have been at the game and I wish I could say I was there, but I guess my memory of the following day was good as well.

Biggest Regret and why?

FA cup semi in '81. Went to every FA cup game that season and pretty much every league game, home and away.
Couldn't get a ticket and had to wait for the "It's a goal" on Piccadilly.. .

My biggest regret was that I had known for a long time that I would have to miss the next derby because of working outside the country. I was fucking dreading it coming & what a shit last part of the season it would be for me, as I could miss a bunch of games after that too & miss the whole finale.

Now at least that weekend, things have changed & I'll be here. Woo hoo.

Other than that. Fuck all.

Agueeeeerrrrrrroooooooooo!
I had only started a new job that week and had to work.
I had to leave the house at 1-2 in order to drive into town, i was gutted and fuming.
As i drove past the ground the place erupted with the hundreds outside going wild.
I had to pull up down the road to compose myself.
I was part of the road closure/diversion scheme for the parade a day or so later so seen all the blues celebrating in town long into the night.
It was a bitter sweet day, i didn’t know whether to laugh or cry!

Not so much a regret but I missed Macclesfield away in 98.
Was at Maine Road at 5am queuing up in the pissing it down rain for Wigan away tickets. By the time id got home I was soaked to the skin and feeling rough.
Ended up giving the Macc ticket to a mate and listened to the game on GMR shivering like fuck in bed!

Liverpool away anelka winner.
I had tickets but my dad took poorly.
I had been to the previous 3 defeats.
For the record I've never tried to go there since. ( haven't missed much ).
C.T.I.D

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.