MLB 2016

I call 'em like I see 'em. But seriously, what's not to like unless you're a Chisox or Cards fan? The Ivy, the bleacher bums, seventh inning stretch singers, no assholes on the team (except Chapman), their manager has a great sense of humor, people watch games from rooftops across the street, Tinker to Evers to Chance, curse of the billy goat, Steve Bartman and awesome celebrity fans (Vedder, Bill Murray etc).

Another interesting fact is that Bill Buckner was wearing a Cubs batting glove under his mitt on the Mookie Wilson ground ball back in 1986 (talk about a curse!).
pg2_a_bucknercubs_400.jpg

I,ve never seen that picture guess Bill was double cursed. Thanks for sharing.
Ps loved the way you got Buckner, Mookie Wilson 1986, ground ball, into a sentence without saying Mets, that sir is an art. :-)

One sport that I thought was utter shite until I got a chipped box and started watching it properly. My dislike was down to pure ignorance. Loved it once I started watching it and got an understanding of what was going on.

One sport that I thought was utter shite until I got a chipped box and started watching it properly. My dislike was down to pure ignorance. Loved it once I started watching it and got an understanding of what was going on.
I could say the exact same thing about football. Americans are trained to make fun of it but very few of us actually watch it. In my opinion the biggest thing holding it back is the World Cup. People think World Cup matches are boring and they're usually right. When you watch the PL the goal is to win matches and if you lose one it won't ruin your season. Teams play so carefully in the WC that it takes all of the fun out of it.

Have a good night, all ready here hoping for a national league win. One day I may rid you of you're hate of the Mets but guess thats up to the good lord, enjoy.
I'll never like the Mets but if it came down to the Nats or the Mets I'd rather the Mets won. Nats fans are way worse. They're a bunch of front-running douchebags who only followed the Nats because the Orioles sucked. And now that the Orioles are good they kind of support both teams.

I know where you're heart lies mate regarding New York's only real club, enjoy tonight, we'll argue later haha.

I know where you're heart lies mate regarding New York's only real club, enjoy tonight, we'll argue later haha.
New York doesn't have a real club, they have a transplant from Baltimore and a replacement team. Their clubs are in San Fran and LA.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.