MLS 2017

better dead than red

I'm at my local match, good seats, my daughter got a 2 for 1 for making good grades from the club and her school ,$30 USD, 10 rows back from the corner flag.

Sheik Mansour has a few Etihad Airline ads about. Oh and by the way, I have a beer in my hand in my seat. ;) There are men and women walking around willing to sell me more when I want them. See. America isn't totally fucked. :)

I'm at my local match, good seats, my daughter got a 2 for 1 for making good grades from the club and her school ,$30 USD, 10 rows back from the corner flag.

Sheik Mansour has a few Etihad Airline ads about. Oh and by the way, I have a beer in my hand in my seat. ;) There are men and women walking around willing to sell me more when I want them. See. America isn't totally fucked. :)

And yet Jim Rome -- still my favorite radio sports host of all time -- refuses to admit it's a real sport. Just like with horse-racing, til he bought a horse. It is coming -- the wave we've all been discussing for 40 years since Pele showed up for the Cosmos. It will never be England, and no American club will ever be City, even NYCFC. But it's slowly, slowly becoming ensconced in America's sports consciousness for good, one kid and one adult at a time.

But I can't legitimately support a San Jose club being from the other side of the bay, nor NYCFC being a Californian. I'd like to support lower-league Sacramento Republic but tickets are impossible to get. I suppose I root for the Portland Timbers if I have to.

And you are right about the beer, even if it is shit beer, which it probably isn't any more. But I'll bet you don't have a chicken balti pie!!

No chicken and balti pie but here they sell the usual Budweiser, Bud Light, as well as Stella, Boddingtons a few Mexican beers. Could be worse choices. I can drink 1 or 10 in the stands so whatever. It is my daughter's first match of any kind, she's 7 as is her mate from school. The dads made it a big night out for them.

It is 35 degrees F here. If people here didn't care for football there'd be no freezing their arses off for an inconsequential match.

Great night out imo and happy MLS and my dau's school are trying to help promote football.

Last edited:
I sometimes watch TFC when they're on and I look out for their matches.
I can't stand Montreal (for obvious reasons) and I would back NYCFC over any team other than TFC.

And yet Jim Rome -- still my favorite radio sports host of all time -- refuses to admit it's a real sport. Just like with horse-racing, til he bought a horse. It is coming -- the wave we've all been discussing for 40 years since Pele showed up for the Cosmos. It will never be England, and no American club will ever be City, even NYCFC. But it's slowly, slowly becoming ensconced in America's sports consciousness for good, one kid and one adult at a time.

But I can't legitimately support a San Jose club being from the other side of the bay, nor NYCFC being a Californian. I'd like to support lower-league Sacramento Republic but tickets are impossible to get. I suppose I root for the Portland Timbers if I have to.

And you are right about the beer, even if it is shit beer, which it probably isn't any more. But I'll bet you don't have a chicken balti pie!!

By the way, Jim Rome played American football at San Jose State University. Look at their record while he was there/ever and decide if he played an "legitimate sport."

I sometimes watch TFC when they're on and I look out for their matches.
I can't stand Montreal (for obvious reasons) and I would back NYCFC over any team other than TFC.
Haven't been here for years but the atmosphere is not bad and even though it is cold as a witch's tit a good crowd and everyone is having fun.

Wish I could get into it more, my local team would be Real Salt Lake but i feel like the Timbers or Sounders are more interesting. NYCFC just too far away

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.