Mobile phone insurance - w**kers!!

stonerblue said:
charliebigspuds said:
insurance is the biggest scam of the 20th/21st century, it must be the only thing you pay for in full then have to pay again if you want to use it, AND then pay more the next time you take it out because you (for the first time in years) finally used it. You have usually payed them more over the year's you didn't use it, if you hadn't paid it in the first place you would probably have the money to repair/replace whats broken. IMO don't ever pay for ANY insurance unless it's required by law, virtually all electronic (inc mobiles) equipment has 12 month cover anyway. If you do take out insurance it will have plenty of reasons on why they won't payout written in the small print, and then after you've paid the excess it take's countless amounts of hours/time to finally get what you want. A complete waste of time and money.
You've probably noticed i have a bee in my bonnet about insurance, but its the biggest legalised scam going. It's not as if you get something back if you don't use it.

hear hear bigspuds. the same goes for boiler cover, pet insurance,, redundancy cover etc etc

seconded

r01z said:
Biggest pisstake is the age old 'young driver' insurance

Ive got to pay DOUBLE the value of my car just to be able to drive it

That's because lads aged 17-24 drive like twats with their modified Saxos, 206s, 10 year old Subaru Imprezas etc etc. I'm not saying you're one of them, but that's the reason.

It's not surprising that some young lads drive without insurance, if they get caught its a means tested fine and 6 points. Surely costs less than the £2000 or so it would cost normally. So if you get away with it for a year you've saved well over a grand. Then again, if the vehicle shows no insurance on the cops computers you're likely to get the car seized and can't get it back until it's insured, as well as said fine and points so maybe not a good idea.

Pet insurance is another one. I had a cat that I'd only had a few weeks before it died. I made a claim but they held back the other 11 months payments as I had to have paid the yearly premium. Imagine that, paying insurance for the following 11 months for something that had died. That was AXA insurance. Twats.

Lancashire Blue said:
r01z said:
Biggest pisstake is the age old 'young driver' insurance

Ive got to pay DOUBLE the value of my car just to be able to drive it

That's because lads aged 17-24 drive like twats with their modified Saxos, 206s, 10 year old Subaru Imprezas etc etc. I'm not saying you're one of them, but that's the reason.

It's not surprising that some young lads drive without insurance, if they get caught its a means tested fine and 6 points. Surely costs less than the £2000 or so it would cost normally. So if you get away with it for a year you've saved well over a grand. Then again, if the vehicle shows no insurance on the cops computers you're likely to get the car seized and can't get it back until it's insured, as well as said fine and points so maybe not a good idea.

Pet insurance is another one. I had a cat that I'd only had a few weeks before it died. I made a claim but they held back the other 11 months payments as I had to have paid the yearly premium. Imagine that, paying insurance for the following 11 months for something that had died. That was AXA insurance. Twats.
Driving as a whole is expensive for someone of our age; I'm 17, and I simply can't afford lessons, car, petrol, tax, and worst the insurance. I had a look at prices to insure my mum's Toyota Rav-4, Robbing bastards wanted 6k for a year! And that was the cheapest!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.