Monaco (h) Pre-match (team news page 26).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got to be very wary of Monaco's counter attacks...i think we'll control possession and beat them at home, it'd be nice to have a couple of goals advantage to take over there.

Last edited:
It's a tough one for Pep. Do we play a false 9 i.e De Bruyne so that we keep the ball a bit better and are possibly more fluid? Perhaps bring Ferny into the middle? Or do we play Aguero, who can come alive in these games and carry the team, who could kickstart his season again with a decent performance? Maybe play Ferny at left back for his energy and ability on the ball there?

It's a tough one. I think Pep will go strong because it's a home game and just be wary of their counter attacking. In the away game we might see a different setup but I can see something along the lines of Caballero, Sagna, Stones, Kolarov, Ferny, Yaya, Silva, De Bruye, Sterling, Sane, Aguero.

He'll have faith that we'll keep the ball for most of the game, control possession, not give it away in silly areas and create chances with that side.

Should be a cracking game, I don't rate Monaco that highly. I think they're a good side but Spurs were pisspoor in Europe by their usual standards and Leverkusen are well down the Bundesliga. Winning their group wasn't a huge "success". They're decent but we should be beating them home and away.

I can understand a deep no.9 away especially if we have a lead but we need to get something tomorrow night and leaving out a perhaps off form Kun that 95% of teams in Europe would kill for isn't a clever thing to do in my opinion.

I think a clean sheet would be huge for us progressing.
1-0 or 2-0 and I think we'll go through. 0-0 isn't that bad either really. 1-1, 2-2 or a loss and we really will be struggling.

#PEP: @VincentKompany is not ready for tomorrow. I think it’s won’t be longer. The Huddersfield game he will be ready.

PEP: I am really impressed how good Monaco are. They are killers in the box. Both holding midfielders are intelligent, physical, strong.

#PEP: (Bravo or Caballero?) Tomorrow we are going to decide

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.