Monaco (h) Pre-match (team news page 26).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or maybe he's trying to throw us of the scent and it's really Dean Whitehead ;-)
If Guardiola could actually find a way of making Dean Whitehead good enough for our midfield, that didn't involve replacing every other midfielder we had with shite players, then I would accept him as the second coming.

How many times have Monaco failed to score this season? Must only have happened 1 or 2 times!? We need a clean sheet, but it seems unlikely. I think the neutrals are going to love these matches. As for us, our life expectancies are going to take a battering!!

Won at wembley drew in moscow and lost in leverkusen scored 9 in 6 in group stage don't care what anyone says we should be progressing with the minimum of fuss! Lets not go off a 1 off psg performance against Barca because Monaco sit in front of Psg finished 2nd to a bang average arsenal side!!!!

They are on the same trajectory as PSG as last year (102 goals), however, with 10 games to go they have already conceded more (24 against 19), this team isn't as good as the PSG team of last year in my opinion, I also think we are a far better side in Europe 12 months on....

I think we'll win and win well.... 3-1

After watching Monaco goals on YT I must say French league defences and keepers are quite low level. Many easy mistakes!
Monaco were lucky to draw 1-1 at PSG in January, Pep has been there...
Monaco should have lost clearly at spurs - but were lucky to win 2-1.

If City turns up - and I think they will - then Monaco will have their most difficult match of the season.

Sidibé (LB) v Sterling should be interesting.
Jemerson (CB) missing is a massive blow. Let's see who will play alongside Glik.
I hope Otamendi is playing v Falcao.
If Kola is ready I would prefer his experience over Stones.

If Monaco is too greedy tomorrow they will have a painful night.

Hi,

Just to answer ppl comparing L1 this year, and L1 last year, it's not at all the same thing, and you have a good hint about it : PSG rankings, the team is a lot stronger, but is still behind Monaco, and followed closely by Nice.

As Monaco fans, we are all looking forward to this game, we are not really confident, but we don't really feel scared as well. City showed looks of weaknesses over this year, and our team has never been that strong, even in 2003/2004. Our wings have never been that strong (Silva/Lemar), and I do believe we've crazy cracks there (Mbappe, Fabinho, Mendy, Sidibe). I don't really see any weaknesses in our game, and we handled pretty well the pressure in Paris (1-1), for sure City as a bigger experiences, but I hope Glik, Fabinho, Subasic will help the team throught the lack of experiences.

I am quite happy to see lot of ppl confident in this forum, and I hope your players are as well, cause this confident has been the biggest mistake of Arsenal two years ago. But I do believe Pep is intelligent.

One of the main key could be the fact that Jemerson is suspended for this game, and we might have Raggi (italian old defender), who's having his worst season since he came in Monaco.

To all of you, I just wish you a nice and open game, and as we said in France "que le meilleur gagne" :)

Last edited:
Won at wembley drew in moscow and lost in leverkusen scored 9 in 6 in group stage don't care what anyone says we should be progressing with the minimum of fuss! Lets not go off a 1 off psg performance against Barca because Monaco sit in front of Psg finished 2nd to a bang average arsenal side!!!!
I'm not sure about that. If they are on for a league record of goals and are above PSG that to me tells me they are good. On the other hand it is a weaker league than most and they have Falcao up front who struggled here.

We're capable of putting in big performances in Europe, but this will be tough.

Caballero
Sagna
Otamendi
Kolarov
Fernandinho (LB)
Touré
SIlva
De Bruyne
Sterling
Sané
Aguero

Bravo, Zabaleta, Stones, Fernando, Delph, Nolito, Iheanacho

Big ask but let's try and score a couple and concede at most one away goal.

City 2-1 Monaco
Sané and De Bruyne to score.
I doubt 2-1 will be enough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.