Monaco - Post Match thread.

No-one is above criticism and tonight Pep deserves some. That was a woeful managerial performance. Wrong starting line up, wrong tactics, wrong substitutions. Best manager in the world maybe, but tonight anyone on here could have done no worse. Utter rubbish.

We really need to stop the best manager in the world nonsense. He's been schooled too many times this season to say that.

I know people like to vent when we lose but when people calm down they will see there's little difference between the two teams in quality, the fact the scoreline was 6-6 shows that. As we know we need to improve our defence but talk of selling KDB and Pep getting ditching our philosophy is ridiculous. Next year we will be stronger, I'm sure.

Score 6 goals over two legs and still go out, you couldn't make it up! No idea why he picked that team tonight, Ya Ya may have slowed down but he keeps possession and things ticking over. Would he have been any worse than KDB who has been fucking gash now for weeks? Mentally we are weak and shit scared at the back. I fear the dippers will do the same on Sunday.

Gutted, extremely gutted. Love Guardiola but he only knows how to play one style. we had a two goal lead, to just go there and expect to out play them was so so stupid. Pack the midfield and see it through. Just threw it away.

No one to blame but ourselves. You should never expect to progress conceding 6 in two games. We wasted chances in the second half and were hardly even trying it seemed in the first half.

Forget tonight now, it's gone.

Huge huge huge few league games coming up. We all know the title is gone so we have to concentrate on top four now. That's our level unfortunately.

Huge summer too, if we want to get to the latter stages of this competition next year. At best we need:

- minimum of 1 goalkeeper. (Willy is getting old and bravo isnt even a number 2): £20m
- 3 fullbacks. £20m each average: £60m
- minimum of 1, likely 2 centre backs (Vinny injury prone and a reliable partner for Stones): £80-90m
- 2 central midfielders (Silva getting older, ditto yaya): £80-100m
- 2 strikers of Jesus/Aguero class: 2x£40/50m = £80-100m

Total spend of circa £320-370m.

Depressing but nobody died so move on, fight for top four and rebuild again in the summer.

That's 100% down to Pep. Dropping one of the most in form players and playing one of the least. Then with 15 minutes to go we take the lead and he doesn't bring Yaya on for Kev??? Gutted because that was just awful. Second half was decent until they scored 3rd but then we completely lost it. Ref couldn't wait to blow up at end and didn't even give us the full added time.

Season over now. I can't see players getting up for Liverpool so we could be in trouble now.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.