Monaco post match

C5buAzlWUAU97lr.jpg

It should have been a penalty. In old money, there might have been a point to debate due to the keeper getting a faint touch on the ball but I don't think it was enough to prevent Aguero retaining possession; scything him down though did that trick and that means it was a foul...
Spot on OB!

You'd think everyone, the media and all, would be happy that both teams gave football back to the CL.
Instead of the turgid, whatever we do don't lose, attitude by many teams.

You'd think everyone, the media and all, would be happy that both teams gave football back to the CL.
Instead of the turgid, whatever we do don't lose, attitude by many teams.

Oh they would...if it was the rags, the dippers, the Arse, even Chelsea. It would have been talked about as one of the greatest games in the competitions history. Instead it was shown after the Leicester game and relegated down the sports pages in the tabloids by Rooney and his will he won't he bore!

I agree with everyone here about the British media coverage of what was the greatest CL city match ever but what I find fascinating is the US sports streams are not like that. It is like they respect the game for what it is and give unbiased views. Also I, like many football fans of my generation, thought that the Americans are wholly uneducated in our sport, but their views on every aspect of that match were spot on. I even re-watched the whole game back and the co-commentator's opinion on each incident (and there was plenty there on Tuesday evening!) were fair and delivered quickly in real time without the need for multiple angles of replay and discussion.

They don't do the idiot scouser/rag/cockney pundit-nonsense we are subjected to here (and pay extortionate subscription fees for!) - I know coverage I would rather watch.

I agree with everyone here about the British media coverage of what was the greatest CL city match ever but what I find fascinating is the US sports streams are not like that. It is like they respect the game for what it is and give unbiased views. Also I, like many football fans of my generation, thought that the Americans are wholly uneducated in our sport, but their views on every aspect of that match were spot on. I even re-watched the whole game back and the co-commentator's opinion on each incident (and there was plenty there on Tuesday evening!) were fair and delivered quickly in real time without the need for multiple angles of replay and discussion.

They don't do the idiot scouser/rag/cockney pundit-nonsense we are subjected to here (and pay extortionate subscription fees for!) - I know coverage I would rather watch.
You must have missed the pre match and half time hatchet job on Guardiola and the club in general on Tuesday then.

Whatever one thinks about the USA, when it comes to sports coverage they treat it seriously.

I trust all the media and pundits who could only find defensive faults in the game of the season won't bother watching the 2nd leg for fear of offending their defensive sensibilities.

Yeah right, hypocrites - they can't wait.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.