Monaco post match

I agree with everyone here about the British media coverage of what was the greatest CL city match ever but what I find fascinating is the US sports streams are not like that. It is like they respect the game for what it is and give unbiased views. Also I, like many football fans of my generation, thought that the Americans are wholly uneducated in our sport, but their views on every aspect of that match were spot on. I even re-watched the whole game back and the co-commentator's opinion on each incident (and there was plenty there on Tuesday evening!) were fair and delivered quickly in real time without the need for multiple angles of replay and discussion.

They don't do the idiot scouser/rag/cockney pundit-nonsense we are subjected to here (and pay extortionate subscription fees for!) - I know coverage I would rather watch.

Feel free to share an example, looking for an excuse to watch it again.

I trust all the media and pundits who could only find defensive faults in the game of the season won't bother watching the 2nd leg for fear of offending their defensive sensibilities.

Yeah right, hypocrites - they can't wait.

after the match in the car park we put talksport on. i was disgusted listening to it. 5-3 on the night and people were complaining. unreal.

if it had been 1:0 to city people would have said city scraped through and it was boring. 5:3 and people still complained. they complained about defense and how city conceded the goals. they played that night how i would expect any world class team to play, yes.. concede goals but score more than the opponent i think that's how football is supposed to be played. especially when you have two gaping areas each end where an inflated leather ball likes to be smashed into.

I mentioned in earlier posts that i was neutral that night. i had an impartial view of the game from both sides. any other team would have crumbled that night. they were actually playing a bloody good monaco side.. that chip by falkao was top class and the city fans knew that. of course they were going to concede two or three goals, any team would have.

they beat Monaco convincingly that night, round 2 to come and mark my words... monaco were rumbled that night and don't have a hope in hell

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.