More trams

I can think of worse places to introduce a section of automated trams. It is bold but possibly industry standard setting stuff. Do our owners not build relations with companies or indeed themselves not venture into such projects?

If not industry setting it would be working with the technologies of the future already gaining momentum such as self driving cars.

Maybe not trams as we even know them around town. I love the idea of the future and the possibilities it brings. I see no reason this could not be a starting point for the UK in real terms. Greenwich has the gateway project, why should we not have the "City" project.

Make no mistake Manchester is a thriving city with the open mindedness to adopt such schemes. The more i think of it the more i think Khaldoon should be on to the sheikh to get his pals to invest and our government. One of the most well known city's in the world with a huge focus on the future stuff we all were wide eyed about watching Back To The Future? That sounds pretty cool to me.

Started tramming this season because parking around the stadium has been difficult with more restrictive parking around the stadium. Getting there is great but the dreaded 30-40 wait to return home is awful. Tried to get a season ticket to get on the fast track lane but was told by Mcfc that they are not for sale after the season starts! The wait in the cold is annoying but, walking in the cold is equally so! City and Tfgm should do better, I’m starting to leave early after many years of staying to the end!

Quite a lot of streets where terraced houses once were near the stadium. Nothing on them except double yellow lines. I park for free but it's a good 10-15 minute walk away.

I used to park in a side road so not blocking anything and woodland on both sides so not outside anyone's house. That street probably had 60 cars on it on match days. The one adjacent to it had around the same. Now none despite it not affecting anybody. The worst thing is I walked down there the other day got the FA cup game and around 10 cars had parked there. Probably their first visit this year and they all had tickets. Doubt they will come again. I park near Piccadilly station now and it's fine for me to do but maybe not for someone in their 70's.

I can think of worse places to introduce a section of automated trams. It is bold but possibly industry standard setting stuff. Do our owners not build relations with companies or indeed themselves not venture into such projects?

If not industry setting it would be working with the technologies of the future already gaining momentum such as self driving cars.

Maybe not trams as we even know them around town. I love the idea of the future and the possibilities it brings. I see no reason this could not be a starting point for the UK in real terms. Greenwich has the gateway project, why should we not have the "City" project.

Make no mistake Manchester is a thriving city with the open mindedness to adopt such schemes. The more i think of it the more i think Khaldoon should be on to the sheikh to get his pals to invest and our government. One of the most well known city's in the world with a huge focus on the future stuff we all were wide eyed about watching Back To The Future? That sounds pretty cool to me.
No point thinking about the future if you've no 'istree, la!

It's more than that when you include the ladies team games and concerts in the summer. Plus events at the velodrome.
Hardly worth opening up and putting on special trains for the women's team or the Velodrome.

The whole point of trams is access to town centres without having to separate track from people. Maybe people wouldn't be so keen on walking in front of them in Piccadilly if they knew they didn't have a driver.

When i was a kid everyone said we would have flying cars in the year 2000. Dont know what went wrong... maybe thats why the program "tomorrows world" disapeared lol

With all that filthy oil money, I understand the sheihk is working on a magic belt that you put your post code in to and it mysteriously transports you home on the final whistle.

Started tramming this season because parking around the stadium has been difficult with more restrictive parking around the stadium. Getting there is great but the dreaded 30-40 wait to return home is awful. Tried to get a season ticket to get on the fast track lane but was told by Mcfc that they are not for sale after the season starts! The wait in the cold is annoying but, walking in the cold is equally so! City and Tfgm should do better, I’m starting to leave early after many years of staying to the end!

I park in the Blue Car Park. The best drill is wait till the final whistle, watch the highlights, cast an eye for a second or two on the round up on the big screen, wander into the shop to see if there's anything I've not got, stroll down to the car, and lo and behold, everyone's fucked off!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.