More trams

Metrolink do my head in. If it’s not during the week it’s after the match. Overcrowding and simply never enough trams. Mind you it’s an excuse for a few cheeky pints after the game!

I stayed til the end in the south stand, from leaving my standing position (I'm in 115) to getting home, took me just under 5 hours 30 minutes.

Was great bumping into Saints fans at the services on the way home though ;o)
Fair Fair mate where do you live

Could they do “Express trams” to Park & Ride multi-storey car parks in Droylesden, AuL, Alty, etc... That’s the way they do rush hour trains out of zchicago every day and it works a treat. I live by the first express stop and it cuts over 50% of the travel time in and out!
express trams! good luck with that idea since the trams are stuck in traffic, tried the tram to ashton once and it took an hour

Smugness personified on Zeelo coach. Once everyone on board less than an hour back to south Stockport. Same cost as parking, no driver stress, stay to the end. No brainer.

Why was it 8pm kick off? Was it on TV? If not I can't understand that as it just encourages more people to leave early. It's not just the trams that are poor now. There are not enough buses, you can't get a taxi as easily as you could, can't park in places that caused no problems for 10 years plus and our train system is poor after 10pm. Our fan base is definitely aging too and I know of a few that leave early to get away and get home due to this. I think this is a big problem for clubs in 30 or so years when this lot including me have stopped going. Kids don't seem interested now with all the gadgets they have. Will be virtual spectating by then or games streamed live on FB and the like.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.