Mortgage Rate Rise.

The figure I cannot guestimate is how much per annum per one per cent yearly increase is it on 100k ?
Maybe a 1% ijncrease on an interst only would be 1k a year but dont know how to wrk out a repayment capital plus interest figure ?
There's a calculator on money saving expert that allows you to alter the %

There's a calculator on money saving expert that allows you to alter the %

Thanks mate it was the repayment calculi per 1% that had me vexed.
Interest only was straight forward.
They are speaking with the London County chap tommorow morning and thanks for the assistance.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I paid 15% interest for a few months in the 80's.
Frightening.
Owe fook all now, made sure of that.

It was less than a few months I think but I was happy to fix at 9% for ten years as a consequence. I knew I could afford that. 15% would have meant selling up.

Stupid fucker of course because the only way was down after that and it cost me a lot to get out of that mortgage.

Regarding interest (and saving for a house), read the MSE guide on lifetime ISA's (LISA). Govt matches 25% of what you put in, up to 4K, so effectively giving you 25% interest in 1st year. That obviously smooths out , over time so , after 6/7/8 years you would have earned that much in the normal highest earning savings accounts.
But you can put in another 4K the next year etc, and get 25% on those as well.

You need to open with at least £1 (age 18-40) but can shove any other money (up to 4K) in at any point, or not at all.

I think I paid 15% interest for a few months in the 80's.
Frightening.
Owe fook all now, made sure of that.
I remember it at 17% at one point I was lucky to have fixed for a number of years but my best mate hadn't I had to lend him £4000 to get over a couple of months, there where so many repos going on at that time, I have just fixed for my last 5 years at 1.92% happy with that as its only going up from now on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.