Most disappointing player

jma's list is spot on. I'll name a couple more he didn't...
Frontzeck, Alphons Groenindijk, Carl Griffiths, Lee Peacock - they were all disappointing to me. Maybe Groenindijk was the best of the lot but I think he played about 3 games on loan or something.

I always expected Mangala and Bony to be pretty shite

Most disappointing would have to be Jovetic, thought he would be a cult hero but he just couldnt stay fit. Also expected a hell of a lot more from Fernando, he looks a championship player tbh.

Aguero, obviously not the most disappointing ever but imagine if he'd played 38 league games every season. We would have won 4 or 5 titles I believe and he might be talked about as the best striker in the prem ever. His record is so impressive considering he's been fairly stop start with injuries.

Georgios Samaras has to be up there. Bagged o his debut. Diamond in the rough etc. . .

Hard to look past the likes of Bony, Jovetic, Michael Johnson and Robinho, too.

No, Johnson looked quality when he burst onto the scene, then his injuries really killed his career. Didn't he retire at 26 or something? Really feel sorry for him.

Thought he was going to be our Gerrard.

Yes I know he was brilliant and an England international in the making, just surprised he was mentioned as disappointing.

Yes I know he was brilliant and an England international in the making, just surprised he was mentioned as disappointing.
I don't think disappointing necessarily means crap, a lot of it is about having high expectations and then turning out to be not up to much, in Johnson's case it was fitness possibly both physical and mental.

I always expected Mangala and Bony to be pretty shite

Most disappointing would have to be Jovetic, thought he would be a cult hero but he just couldnt stay fit. Also expected a hell of a lot more from Fernando, he looks a championship player tbh.

After his debut v CFC I thought he was the best thing we'd had at CB since Leivers and Ewing. Had that goal gone in instead of near ripping out the post, it might have been different!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.