Most disappointing player

Robbie Fowler, especially after the effort spent getting him here.

Think it's Fowler for me too. Was so excited when we bought him, felt like we'd arrived and were going to kick on and challenge for CL spots.

He just never looked fit and he got away with it because people remembered how good he was as a kid, and he was such a down to earth lad, it was like one of your mates playing.

Really sad to say looking back, he just didn't have it anymore. Great moment when he scored in the derby though.

I am not joking on this one but WIlfried Bony. Samir Nasri is another one.

Last edited:
Fowler looked good whenever he didn't play with Anelka. His autobiography was an interesting read in that respect.

Samaras, first time we'd spend decent money on a player in ages. First new signing i really remember that we had all sorts of youtube videos for, of him skinning opponents from the half-way line then chipping the keeper blah blah

On his debut he lept like a majestic salmon and planted a Batistuta-esque header into the bottom corner.

Dabo has to be up there.

Remember getting excited of a midfield pairing of him and Hamman (how times have changed). They were both largely useless with Dabo being best remembered for getting twatted by Joey Barton than anything he ever did on the field.

Steve Daley I recall being giddy when we signed him for 1.5 mil, then I saw him play :(

Ditto.

“The day I signed, the club sold four players; Gary Owen, Asa Hartford, Peter Barnes and Mick Channon,” he explained. “They sold four internationals and replaced them with me. Everyone was thinking I’d be able to replace those and make the side tick."

Robinho probably. He was the signing that started it all off and I will always have a soft spot for him. The excitement on that deadline day and the goal against Chelsea on his debut. He showed so much talent at times and perhaps would have been better off playing alongside better players. He didn't have the stomach for the fight and wasn't the player to drag us forward at that time. Just didn't work out.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.