Most you have ever won on a bet?

6 grand seems a bit tight for a 14 team accumulator!

It was pick 2 from each box and the games got harder to pick (odds wise) as you go down the slip. It was about 3,500-1 ... which I thought I was getting, that bloke on counter said won 6k.

It was pick 2 from each box and the games got harder to pick (odds wise) as you go down the slip. It was about 3,500-1 ... which I thought I was getting, that bloke on counter said won 6k.
I must just pick dodgy odds. Even on my William Hill account I bet they'd make some excuse not to payout. That's what puts me off bookies when they don't pay out to the punter

Biggest win was on coneygree. I got 9/1 for it and £50 on it. Nerve racking as half the office put it on based on my confidence to put 50 on it.

Best win was winning the euro sweepstake at work with Portugal this summer. Though it was money down the drain when I seen I got Portugal but when they got to the semi's I just knew it'd come in.

The missus had £5 on Mon Mome in the 2009 grand national. 100 to 1 winner. She didn't have a clue what she was betting on, just liked the colours

Some very impressive returns on this thread, didn't expect so many in the thousands.

Had £20 ew on Bindaree 2002 National at 40-1 (started at 20-1) based on a conversation with a chap from NTD's yard at the Midland National, Uttoxeter, previously.
A couple of my mates went with this too. Bit of a piss up that night

Yep indeed, gambling addiction from that point on for a good number of years.
Sorry to hear that - hopefully you've worked through that now. I can only imagine how easy it would be to develop and addiction when you win so big from something so innocuous and with minimal risk at the time.

Correctly guessed the score (3-1) and scorer (Benjani I think) despite never having watched Portsmouth before at FP in my first ever football game when I was four. My mum won about £100.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.