MOTD 17/18

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by karen7, 12 Aug 2017.

1. Saddleworth2

Saddleworth2

I don’t understand the Mangala hate. He certainly was not at fault for their goal. In the last week we seem to have become incapable of defending corners driven to the near post and headed on.

2. Machiavelli

Machiavelli

Gilluminati Slayer
    Was Redmond sat up there?

3. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

It isnt hate on my part, he just isnt capable of getting himself into the correct position. That fiasco today when he got beat with about 3 yards head start, and to then get out muscled annd end up looking stupid falling over just sums up his time since moving here. Not being hateful but he isnt good enough.

If i was playing against against us, i would be gappy seeing him in the backline especially after today.

The problem on the corners is as said on motd2, we setup with the taller players central and the smaller ones out wide, hence getting beat to the flick on at the hear post

4. KnaresboroughBlue

KnaresboroughBlue

Kompany played against Southampton and we were equally poor from set pieces. I would rather have him playing than Mangala (who I thought did ok today) but he hasn't looked great since his return from injury.

5. nico1

nico1

Wolves game as well. Pretty much same error. The ‘give Mangala a chance’ brigade on here are really starting to piss me off. Surely it’s clear to anyone that, nice as he is, he is simply not good enough. The evidence is there time and time again with pretty much a major gaff each game (which could have directly led to a goal) and has been now for years. It’s not like he hasn’t had numerous chances to prove his class. He just is-not-good-enough. End of.

6. SergioSilva

SergioSilva

Everyone is trying to get Delphinho banned because they know he's bagging a hat trick in the derby if he plays

7. Impeccable One

Impeccable One

Developer and Marketer of digital solutions for th
    Heard Pep is considering playing him alongside Jesus and dropping Aguero to the bench. Apparently only Ederson is safe from being replaced by Delph.

8. andyhinch

andyhinch

You think he's safe ? Even Delph isn't safe ;-)

9. trumpton

trumpton

While I agree, he's never had a sustained run in the team. How average was stones up until this season, same with otta. Both had a decent run together and looked like world beaters. Played about 60 games for us, in and out of the team. Difficult to establish yourself

10. BlueMoonz1977

BlueMoonz1977

I know what you mean, vinny had a few wobbles that game but i would put that down to lack of actual game time and after being out so long he is lacking the quick reaction instincts etc that he was known for. However i would rather him be in the back line than mangala also.