Match of the Day - 2016/17

Sorry but some of you must have a short memory.Just tell me what chances we created in that first half PRIOR to Sergio scoring ? We had the Sane cross which Silva just failed to score (shown),they didn`t show the Silva "goal" because it was off side,but apart from that we created fuck all,with I think it was something Sunderland 7 attempts and City 2 at half time.For all that possession in the first half you couldn`t really put together a decent showing from a City perspective.
Second half was totally different but please don`t use excuses just to look for faults in a programme that don`t really exist.
And if you don`t believe me I suggest you ask the Mods to put back on this forum the actual match Day Forum at half time.Fuck me,you only had to read on there about the lack of scoring chances created ... short memories some of you.
By the way I`m not sticking up for the Beeb as we all know their stance towards City,but sometimes you need to look at the reasons for showing Sunderland having more than the lions share of chances created and why it was edited like that for the first half.

Just watched the brief highlights on the City site, they show Sunderlands two chances and our goal, say no more !

Extended highlights up on the website.

9 mins long. Exactly what the BBC should have been. Fair balanced highlights.

Sterling almost capitalised an a mix-up/ lack of communication in the Sunderland defence after about 15 mins, I'd have shown that.

I'd have tried to show how scrappy the first 20 (or so) minutes were and would probably have attempted to show our dominance by showing our numerous corners, thus creating a talking point of how we don't really see corners as a route to creating chances.

I'd have shown Defoe hitting the post. SHOWN.

I'd have shown Sane when he should have shot but over ran it.SHOWN

I'd have shown the foul throw because they're as rare as hen's teeth.??? ;)

I'd have shown O'Shea bringing down Aguero and getting a yellow for stopping a chance being created.NOT SHOWN

I'd have shown Silva's chance.SHOWN

I'd have shown the goal.SHOWN

I'd have shown the disallowed goal.IT WAS CLEARLY OFFSIDE SO NOT A CONTROVERSIAL DECISION.

HALF-TIME

I think that's a fairer representative of the first half than what was shown

How's that? :D
You missed Willies save from their header from Rob Jones.I`m only highlighting these, as overall in that first half Sunderland created more chance than ourselves.In a 5 minute slot for each half viewers want to see goalmouth incidents not possession football which in the main broke down outside Sunderlands penalty area.
Second half was the opposite and it showed lots of our play in their penalty area and our attempts on goal.

Extended highlights up on the website.

9 mins long. Exactly what the BBC should have been. Fair balanced highlights.
They showed basically a game of two halves based on attempts on goal.That first half we were a poor second (on chances created) and even our own Manager said we created virtually nothing.The second half showed all our attempts as we were the team making all the right moves.

Err, looks like i need to see this. Is this just pissed up mooners or is the coverage that bad? Whilst my license fee is still working i can watch it legally.

Genuinely weird.
The pictures showed everything Sunderland did, and even allowing for City's stuff looking pretty while not being too highlight-friendly, they managed not to show the Silva non-goal.
Strangely, the words afterwards were very complimentary towards City.

They showed basically a game of two halves based on attempts on goal.That first half we were a poor second (on chances created) and even our own Manager said we created virtually nothing.The second half showed all our attempts as we were the team making all the right moves.

Yes, I know what the BBC showed, and I don't think it was accurate or fair.

The coverage on our website was precisely what the BBC should have delivered.

All entitled to an opinion Oakie and I respect yours, but your being massively outweighed with this one.

At first, I was a bit annoyed that they seemed to be showing nothing, but Sunderland chances in the first 35 minutes.
Then I realised that apart from a long range effort from Fernandinho, it was a fair reflection of the first 35 minutes.

Don't think it was.

I could list 4 things right off the bat that the bbc didn't show but could have.

Our own highlights were accurate and fair. The whole point of highlights is to to show as true a reflection of the football match as possible. The BBC didn't deliver that last night

Not watched it for years. Don't think I've missed anything significant in that time.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.