MOTD thread 2016/17

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by jimharri, 13 Aug 2016.

1. andyhinch

andyhinch

Away goals, PEG melt down followed by SaRF and the ticket tout spontaneous combusting would make my life complete :-)

2. Both Sunderland goals were fouls on the GK !

3. Blueknows

Blueknows

And motd end with tomorrows papers headlines with the usual rags in 125 million swoop for oblak and griezman bullshit

4. jimmygrimblesboots

jimmygrimblesboots

Just watched the highlights , and did'nt realise what an even game it was it looked like Saints deserved at least a point , not sure who edits that programme but they really have got a lot of artistic licence.

5. southycity

southycity

Production manager
    My thoughts exactly, showed every single opportunity they had, it did look quite an even game from what they showed! Commentator said harsh on Southampton as they played their part...unbelievable! What game did they watch?

6. Don Karleone

Don Karleone

7. blue b4 the moon

blue b4 the moon

Recently became a man of leisure.
    For once just caught the early morning replay.

Sums up how shit it is when the commentary to set up the game was all negative and the final studio comment from Shearer was 'Soton were well in the game in the first half'.

8. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Said to Mrs Ewing that BBC is fast turning into MANUreTV and today the DT sport section has morphed into a MANUre fanzine - again!

Anyone notice that the BBC came up with a new phenomenon yesterday - The Premier League Top Seven! FFS. If a certain team were third from the bottom they'd invent the Top Eighteen!

9. Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

I can't remember their first goal but I texted my ERO and said that Victor ex-Toffee was deliberately obstructing the goalkeeper from the moment the ball was placed on the quadrant. The ref or the lino should blow for that infringement the second the ball is kicked. Quite blatant and deliberate, and successful, attempt at obstructing the goalkeeper. Funny how these refs can pick up an innocuous foul throw when Navas's trailing foot leaves the ground by a few inches but they can't or more probably, choose not to, see a blatant foul on the goal line.

Goalkeepers will have to do what some outfield players do now - the minute there is any contact from a CF on or near the goal line they will have to 'throw themselves' into the back of the net and see if the ref does for goalies what he seems to do for some out players.

10. bluethrunthru

bluethrunthru

professional underacheiver

so its official they don't want / need Neymar.................