Match of the Day - 2016/17

I think we were painted pretty well last night. A lot of our chances were shown and very few of theirs (basically a fair ratio) and then they agreed that Luiz should've seen red.

Upended by who and at what stage of game? Thought the 1st half one where it hit Cahills arm would have been a bit generous, he wasn't looking at ball and I'd have been pissed off if that had been given against us!

a penalty for hand ball shall be given when a player moves his arm towards the ball or the ball hits his arm while it is in an unnatural position.

now, call me a stickler for the rules but with silva selling him a perfect dummy and cahill floundering on the floor, id say the ball (which was in a natural position) hit and was deflected away from danger by cahills arm which was sliding along the floor at 30mph. i'd say that was a pretty unnatural position for an arm to be in.

they did not show the dirty jump right down the back of the leg of aguero by sideshow bob when its was a corner and needed treatment and i seen a couple more late stuff on aguero by bob so i can understand why aguero lost it but not saying its right just putting up a case for aguero

the ref lost the plot big time and after watching it about 5 times now he ran towards the player giving a free kick to city and was going to his pocket next thing he got a message in his ear you can clearly see him hold his hand up to his ear somebody changed his mind for him the (higher powers at the premier league) are also plug in they knew it was a sending and i think he was under control from orders in his ear not to do anything and say nothing

this is a very big turning point for me we have had a lot of stuff this season right or wrong but the cards have been all one way and using video to get aguero a 3 match ban was so anti city it was a joke The straw that broke the camel's back was today even the hardest hate's of city could see it was a sending off. BUT what on earth did that message say in his ear it is clearly wrong the ref must do what he see's he is in full control of the game not somebody on the ear piece today they made and dropped a bollock not the sending off but THAT MESSAGE INTO THE REF EAR

a penalty for hand ball shall be given when a player moves his arm towards the ball or the ball hits his arm while it is in an unnatural position.

now, call me a stickler for the rules but with silva selling him a perfect dummy and cahill floundering on the floor, id say the ball (which was in a natural position) hit and was deflected away from danger by cahills arm which was sliding along the floor at 30mph. i'd say that was a pretty unnatural position for an arm to be in.

I'm probably too easy going for all that stickler for the rules business, I always like to see a penalty being given for "intentional hand ball" and I can't see in this instance how Cahill intended to handle the ball, if I remember rightly he wasn't even looking at it. As I said earlier, if that goes against us I'm not accepting it as a good decision because Otamendi's hand is in an unnatural position.
Kante on Gundogan is one I appealed for on first view but I'm yet to see a replay of it so I don't know if he got the ball or the man first?

they did not show the dirty jump right down the back of the leg of aguero by sideshow bob when its was a corner and needed treatment and i seen a couple more late stuff on aguero by bob so i can understand why aguero lost it but not saying its right just putting up a case for aguero

the ref lost the plot big time and after watching it about 5 times now he ran towards the player giving a free kick to city and was going to his pocket next thing he got a message in his ear you can clearly see him hold his hand up to his ear somebody changed his mind for him the (higher powers at the premier league) are also plug in they knew it was a sending and i think he was under control from orders in his ear not to do anything and say nothing

this is a very big turning point for me we have had a lot of stuff this season right or wrong but the cards have been all one way and using video to get aguero a 3 match ban was so anti city it was a joke The straw that broke the camel's back was today even the hardest hate's of city could see it was a sending off. BUT what on earth did that message say in his ear it is clearly wrong the ref must do what he see's he is in full control of the game not somebody on the ear piece today they made and dropped a bollock not the sending off but THAT MESSAGE INTO THE REF EAR
I've just said something similar in the other thread.
We were sat just in front of the skirmish at the end. To me it looked like Taylor was being instructed what to do throughout it all, there were just so many unnatural pauses.
He brandished reds to two of our guys and yellows to their two which i felt should also have been reds.
However the calmness on the radio was able to offer yellow cards and therefore no retrospective punishments. Job done, City done over once more and the other team looked after by the crooks in the background.

I think it's clear to most that Taylor is a crook. I only hope his punishment is commensurate with is crookedness.

Sutton was good. But no showing of the penalty claim when Gundogan fouled in the box.

This was my stone-wall penalty...... regardless of him getting the ball-IT WAS A TACKLE FROM BEHIND*** as well as a deliberate block of Gundogan striking the ball...whatever happened to the rule of giving the attackers the advantage?

KDB missed a sitter ( it can happen)
KDB then failed to find Kun with a pull back
KUN failed to return the favour when he dispossessed the goalie.

Disgraceful from KUN, but we all felt that frustration too.

Fabergas is a greasebucket for slapping Ferdy and acting up afterwards falling over the fences deliberately- He should get a ban too!

MOTD
did cover the game well but didnt discuss it properly. Sutton usually doesn t like us but he done well and talked for our corner. No majors complaints on the show.

Bob Bradley must be the worst, most clueless manager in premier league history. There have been poorer teams, some a lot poorer, but if he is the best that the USA has to offer in football management then that country has a long way to go if it harbours ambitions to compete with the rest of the world.

really, ten years back the footballing people over there said they would win the WC within twenty years.

Gundogan through goal trip was a far better penalty claim than the Dele Alli away from goal ball heading wide penalty. If the rule book allows for such gross subjective inconsistency, the game would be better off without refs.

that's the problem, most of the rules are open to interpretation, so certain referees (most) can make them up as they go along.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.