MOTD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shirley said:
I'm no cynic said:
This is a question for older supporters. When the social club was built next to Maine Road, didn't they start off with an elitist customer base called 'The 100 Club'? I'm not sure of it's name but it was something like this. I don't think it lasted too long though so maybe that's why I'm struggling to remember it.

I wasnt a member of the 100 club but I did have an ordinary membership, around a fiver if I remember right. The 100 club gave members full access and priority for special occasions.
Before and after the games it was quite funny watching people stepping out and slipping membership cards to mates to avoid the 50 pence cover charge to non members.
This was in the days Nobby Clark ran it and Helen the bell was always in there collecting money for charity in the bucket.
Sweet memories.

Roy was a lovely bloke, he took my dad under his wing back in the 60s when his dad died, my old fella would of walked through the Taliban for him

I loved the city club, I'd often be told by my mum to go get your dad, we lived facing the club, I'd shimmy past Tex and big Colin on the door, be mesmerised by the snooker room and all the banter but always find my old fella at his spot, in the corner of the main room by the bar with his pal 'Everton'.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.