Motown

Jacko, what a talent, unbelievable, sadly though a fucked up childhood, led to a fucked up adult, but take nothing away from what he brought to music in general, ground breaking doesnt quite cover it where he is concerned.

Totally agree man, being abused as a child takes some serious help to overcome but as you say, as an artist he was one of a kind.

Oh for goodness sake I can`t believe no one has come up with the finest piece of Soul Music tune ever recorded and was a regular piece played at every venue up and down the country.
I give you one and only Ramsey Lewis and "Wade In The Water".
Well I would if I could download so can some kind person do the honours.I must learn how to do this task,but for now,someone please,please put it up on here.
I thank you in anticipation.

If it's tapas you're after, I've not had better than at Laxiero on Columbia Road in Shoreditch. Not been there for a couple of years, and it's a bit off the beaten track, but if it's still run by the same family it's well worth a visit. Looks like a cafe, but the food's quality

I've done karaoke at The Birdcage near there. Tend to use Jamon Jamon in Camden but your recommendation is noted.

Oh for goodness sake I can`t believe no one has come up with the finest piece of Soul Music tune ever recorded and was a regular piece played at every venue up and down the country.
I give you one and only Ramsey Lewis and "Wade In The Water".
Well I would if I could download so can some kind person do the honours.I must learn how to do this task,but for now,someone please,please put it up on here.
I thank you in anticipation.

?

A pedant writes:....errr strictly speaking the thread is about Motown records innit?...that my mate is clearly on Chess. Just saying like,..keep the faith.

Thats Jazz Oakie, you senile old fucker.

Not everything that has been listed is strictly Motown, ie from Detroit or on the Motown label, but they are all soul music, up until Ramsey Lewis. Fucking Oakie, should know better *shakes head
This record was played continually in discos and nightclubs (including Wigan Pier) throughout the UK and can only assume that you only started going to discos as a young John Travolta with your 5 inch platform soles,penny collars shirts and opened to show your chest,with wide flaired trousers and dashed out in a pearl white jacket.
Me !! A true Mod mate and collector of some wonderful Soul/Tamla etc records from a shop in John Dalton Street,Rare Records.The guy used to buy some wonderful imports from the States and he couldn`t get enough copies quick enough for the demand of Wade In The Water,which was played throughout the disco land.I have Ramsey Lewiss` hits in front of me and I accept he primarily is a Jazz pianist/group but it didin`t stop him from playing other well known tracks not connected to Jazz.On the album I`ve goy here mate its got a Beatles number,Hard Days Night,Hang On Sloopy,Function At The Junction,blah,blah,blah.
Now back off or I`ll have to run you over with my yellow Lambretta GT 150 Scooter. ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.