Motty retiring at the end of this season... yes !!!

Brian Moore was shockingly bad; frequently professionally negligent and sometimes grossly incompetent.

Motson, for all his faults, usually got his facts straight, and the name of the player correct.

Moore was a complete buffoon.

Watched a couple of those big match replayed from the 70s with Moore the other night. God the football was shocking. If I hear one more person say footy in the 70s was the golden era I will swing for them ! No it wasn't it was dire !

Never really took to his commentary style to be honest, forgotten he existed as I don't watch much football aside from watching City live.

Don't remember him being biased against us though unlike most of the ****s doing the job these days.

Brian Clough was a bully whenever he was pissed, which was most of the time, including, and I'm rarely wrong on this particular point, that interview.

He was right about too much football on TV in 1980, however. Anymore and we'll kill the game. Tremendous prescience.

He was a brilliant manager, but a rude cünt.
Reckon that the comments from Clough could be played today to the likes of Lineker, Sky mob, Ian Wright, etc and still hit the mark.
Too much analysis, lecturing, not enough of the actual match, 8 minutes of highlights cut to suit the agenda.
Clough was a bully but genius at the same time (as long as Peter Taylor was there).

Very nice man and truly loves his football. Wish him well for future.
You are a sucker for a national treasure sob story Sparky. I agree he loves his football but countless stories that he's a true diva and demands everything his own way. I think he's grown to believe he's an integral part of the game much like the way that woman Tyler has.

You are a sucker for a national treasure sob story Sparky. I agree he loves his football but countless stories that he's a true diva and demands everything his own way. I think he's grown to believe he's an integral part of the game much like the way that woman Tyler has.

I only go by what I see and hear, just seems a decent bloke in interviews and stuff, heard him talksport in the week and came across someone who's worked hard to get where he was and felt incredibly lucky to have the Job he has as Football is his life.
I know easier to just jump on the hate any body famous bandwagon nowadays.

Lovely warm interview he did today on Football Focus with City legend Mike Summerbee, worth a watch if you can.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.