Mourinho or Mancini

The cookie monster said:
crystal_mais said:
The cookie monster said:
Are you a bit simple
Real madrid outspent every other team in la liga,which is what i said
What the fuck has selling players got to do with it?

And whats it's got to do with every other team in La Liga - they are 3rd. 4 points behind 2nd & 16 behind 1st. No other team really gets a chance to win that league anymore

My comparison was with Barca - With your theory Barca have outspent everybody

Well you must be the simpleton - Outgoing actually establishes in real terms how much has been spent - They have broken even!!! in theory not spent a penny

So they may not have spent more than all teams... fuck me you call me a half wit!!!
Listen mate you fucked up with your maths,its no biggie

OK thanks - I'll just warn my employers that I'm shit with numbers and analysis ;-)

crystal_mais said:
The cookie monster said:
crystal_mais said:
And whats it's got to do with every other team in La Liga - they are 3rd. 4 points behind 2nd & 16 behind 1st. No other team really gets a chance to win that league anymore

My comparison was with Barca - With your theory Barca have outspent everybody

Well you must be the simpleton - Outgoing actually establishes in real terms how much has been spent - They have broken even!!! in theory not spent a penny

So they may not have spent more than all teams... fuck me you call me a half wit!!!
Listen mate you fucked up with your maths,its no biggie

OK thanks - I'll just warn my employers that I'm shit with numbers and analysis ;-)

Real madrid spent........£29'480'000
Barca spent................£29'000'040

Hmmmmmmmm,let me have a think which is the greater total

Let's try that again since my first attempt to have an interesting discussion failed.

If Mancini is let go, who do we speculate are candidates?

Mourinho? Possibly on his way to Chelsea or PSG with the added factor he might not get along with our executives.

Klopp? Seems locked into staying with Dortmund.

Laudrup? Possibly not enough experience managing at a high enough level.

Blanc? Racism scandal might preemptively tank him.

Who else do we have to potentially consider? I'm sure there are quite a few.

taconinja said:
Let's try that again since my first attempt to have an interesting discussion failed.

Mourinho? Possibly on his way to Chelsea or PSG with the added factor he might not get along with our executives.

I posted this yesterday.

A better way to look at things is what are the qualities which are most important.

- tactical versatility
- man management
- working harmoniously within a structured footballing environment with a DoF
- far better language and communication skills than the current incumbent

From there you can get into the discussion about proven vs unproven.

I suspect that those characteristics will be as important as the number of trophies on their CV. I say this because of Txiki and Ferran's logic in employing Pep at Barca and because my opinion is that if Mancini goes it won't be because his trophy haul so far isn't good enough (just as Rijkaard's at Barca wasn't when they sacked him).

BillyShears said:
taconinja said:

I posted this yesterday.

A better way to look at things is what are the qualities which are most important.

- tactical versatility
- man management
- working harmoniously within a structured footballing environment with a DoF
- far better language and communication skills than the current incumbent

From there you can get into the discussion about proven vs unproven.

I suspect that those characteristics will be as important as the number of trophies on their CV. I say this because of Txiki and Ferran's logic in employing Pep at Barca and because my opinion is that if Mancini goes it won't be because his trophy haul so far isn't good enough (just as Rijkaard's at Barca wasn't when they sacked him).
Thanks! I saw your post and thought I would bring up a few names to discuss as well. Meant to quote you originally but didn't want to wade through all this to find it. Apologies.

I think most of those names could fit your criteria to be honest with Mourinho struggling with that third one. Others will likely struggle to fit that and/or others too.

taconinja said:
Thanks! I saw your post and thought I would bring up a few names to discuss as well. Meant to quote you originally but didn't want to wade through all this to find it. Apologies.

No probs mate ... if we were just making a straight list of potential replacements this summer will be much trickier to find one than next summer as i reckon the likes of Jogi Low, Del Bosque, etc. will be available after that.

This summer you look across Europe and after Mourinho and Klopp we're immediately into the "unproven" category. Of those coaches I'd say Laudrup is the most likely if they feel a change needs to be made because of his prior relationship with Txiki, and the fact that he's already managing in our league and relatively speaking doing a very good job.

I wouldn't completely rule Laurent Blanc out, and I'd also add Lucescu to that list although I don't know whether he speaks English. Shakhtar have looked formidable under him anyway.

One from left field, but wouldn't surprise me if they're watching how Pochetinho does at Southampton. Granted he certainly doesn't tick the language box, but he ticks the other ones pretty well. In his early days at Espanyol he was often talked about as a potential Madrid/Barcelona manager, and lets face it, if Mourinho's giving him his ringing endorsement as a coach then the guy is talented.

BillyShears said:
taconinja said:

No probs mate ... if we were just making a straight list of potential replacements this summer will be much trickier to find one than next summer as i reckon the likes of Jogi Low, Del Bosque, etc. will be available after that.

This summer you look across Europe and after Mourinho and Klopp we're immediately into the "unproven" category. Of those coaches I'd say Laudrup is the most likely if they feel a change needs to be made because of his prior relationship with Txiki, and the fact that he's already managing in our league and relatively speaking doing a very good job.

I wouldn't completely rule Laurent Blanc out, and I'd also add Lucescu to that list although I don't know whether he speaks English. Shakhtar have looked formidable under him anyway.

One from left field, but wouldn't surprise me if they're watching how Pochetinho does at Southampton. Granted he certainly doesn't tick the language box, but he ticks the other ones pretty well. In his early days at Espanyol he was often talked about as a potential Madrid/Barcelona manager, and lets face it, if Mourinho's giving him his ringing endorsement as a coach then the guy is talented.
Oh, yeah. I had forgotten about Pochettino. Good catch on that. And I agree this summer is not optimal in certain regards. Interesting times I suppose in very much the proverbial sense.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.