Mourinho or Mancini

taconinja said:
Oh, yeah. I had forgotten about Pochettino. Good catch on that. And I agree this summer is not optimal in certain regards. Interesting times I suppose in very much the proverbial sense.

Having read a couple of books about Barcelona you get the impression Txiki is a pretty decisive character. He had suggested to the Barca board that they sack Rijkaard 12 months before they did but the board refused. Then when the board wanted Rijkaard sacked midway through that season and Pep installed straight away Txiki refused outright on the grounds that Pep was still managing Barca B and wasn't quite ready.

What's interesting is that although the team were doing relatively well on the field under Rijkaard Txiki still could see the problems in the dressing room and could see that a change was required.

Again it's something I posted yesterday but in England we treat the managerial position as sacred whereas in Europe it's the norm for coaches to have a 3/5 year cycle at any club, and it's incredibly rare for them to stay beyond that.

BillyShears said:
taconinja said:
Oh, yeah. I had forgotten about Pochettino. Good catch on that. And I agree this summer is not optimal in certain regards. Interesting times I suppose in very much the proverbial sense.

Having read a couple of books about Barcelona you get the impression Txiki is a pretty decisive character. He had suggested to the Barca board that they sack Rijkaard 12 months before they did but the board refused. Then when the board wanted Rijkaard sacked midway through that season and Pep installed straight away Txiki refused outright on the grounds that Pep was still managing Barca B and wasn't quite ready.

What's interesting is that although the team were doing relatively well on the field under Rijkaard Txiki still could see the problems in the dressing room and could see that a change was required.

Again it's something I posted yesterday but in England we treat the managerial position as sacred whereas in Europe it's the norm for coaches to have a 3/5 year cycle at any club, and it's incredibly rare for them to stay beyond that.
It's the same in the States with a few exceptions when the coach/manager is winning a high majority of their games and/or championships.

This quote is probably one of the reasons he doesn't seem to be on our shortlist:

Jesé (top prospect at Real Madrid): "Mourinho is a man who surrounds himself with players that have already made it. The academy coach is Toril"

Mourinho has played a few kids this year like Morata but it looks like it was pressure from above in response to severe criticism about their youth policy.

LoveCity said:
This quote is probably one of the reasons he doesn't seem to be on our shortlist:

Jesé (top prospect at Real Madrid): "Mourinho is a man who surrounds himself with players that have already made it. The academy coach is Toril"

Mourinho has played a few kids this year like Morata but it looks like it was pressure from above in response to severe criticism about their youth policy.

Although i rate him as the best manager in Europe this is what would niggle me about him coming here.

He'd be expected to filter players through the system, something which would be new to him and i think would be out of his comfort zone.

Danamy said:
LoveCity said:

Although i rate him as the best manager in Europe this is what would niggle me about him coming here.

He'd be expected to filter players through the system, something which would be new to him and i think would be out of his comfort zone.

The academy as it stands is not good enough, hence the huge investment and it will be a few years yet before we can expect the sort of talent the investment demands.

In the meantime, get the man in and let him weave his magic.

Couldn't give a rats arse about a dynasty right now, 3-4 years of him dragging us kicking and screaming into the European elite will do for me and when the academy is delivering, Ferran and Txiki can get their coach in and the Barca ethos can start then. ;-)

blueinsa said:
Danamy said:
LoveCity said:

The academy as it stands is not good enough, hence the huge investment and it will be a few years yet before we can expect the sort of talent the investment demands.

In the meantime, get the man in and let him weave his magic.

Couldn't give a rats arse about a dynasty right now, 3-4 years of him dragging us kicking and screaming into the European elite will do for me and when the academy is delivering, Ferran and Txiki can get their coach in and the Barca ethos can start then. ;-)
Exactly how I see it. Our over riding objective now is short-term. Consolidate and build on what we've done by getting to Europe's top table. Get the best from this £200m a year squad. I'm sure any manager worth his salt, when told that the clubs philosophy is going to be to bring young talent through, would say 'that's fine. You make them good enough and I'll play them'. It would be ludicrous of a director of football to expect a manager to play young players and win things if those kids weren't of the right standard.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
malg said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
I reckon purgatory resembles something like this thread.
No. Go and have a look at the 'MODs I come in peace' thread - it would make me cancel my subscription, if I paid one.
I posted on it last night, although it did all go discernibly downhill after that.
It's not gone on for 338 fucking pages going round in circles though has it, we get your point they've been the same since page 1

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.