Mourinho or Mancini

blueinsa said:
Danamy said:
LoveCity said:
This quote is probably one of the reasons he doesn't seem to be on our shortlist:

Jesé (top prospect at Real Madrid): "Mourinho is a man who surrounds himself with players that have already made it. The academy coach is Toril"

Mourinho has played a few kids this year like Morata but it looks like it was pressure from above in response to severe criticism about their youth policy.

Although i rate him as the best manager in Europe this is what would niggle me about him coming here.

He'd be expected to filter players through the system, something which would be new to him and i think would be out of his comfort zone.

The academy as it stands is not good enough, hence the huge investment and it will be a few years yet before we can expect the sort of talent the investment demands.

In the meantime, get the man in and let him weave his magic.

Couldn't give a rats arse about a dynasty right now, 3-4 years of him dragging us kicking and screaming into the European elite will do for me and when the academy is delivering, Ferran and Txiki can get their coach in and the Barca ethos can start then. ;-)

Scouting networks have already been set up, the next Messi could be with us as early as next year.

Things are going to start moving at a rate of knots soon and it's vital the right skipper is in charge of the ship.

andyhinch said:
gordondaviesmoustache said:
malg said:
No. Go and have a look at the 'MODs I come in peace' thread - it would make me cancel my subscription, if I paid one.
I posted on it last night, although it did all go discernibly downhill after that.
It's not gone on for 338 fucking pages going round in circles though has it, we get your point they've been the same since page 1
220px-Groundhog_Day_%28movie_poster%29.jpg

Didsbury Dave said:
blueinsa said:
Danamy said:
Although i rate him as the best manager in Europe this is what would niggle me about him coming here.

He'd be expected to filter players through the system, something which would be new to him and i think would be out of his comfort zone.

The academy as it stands is not good enough, hence the huge investment and it will be a few years yet before we can expect the sort of talent the investment demands.

Couldn't give a rats arse about a dynasty right now, 3-4 years of him dragging us kicking and screaming into the European elite will do for me and when the academy is delivering, Ferran and Txiki can get their coach in and the Barca ethos can start then. ;-)
Exactly how I see it. Our over riding objective now is short-term. Consolidate and build on what we've done by getting to Europe's top table. Get the best from this £200m a year squad. I'm sure any manager worth his salt, when told that the clubs philosophy is going to be to bring young talent through, would say 'that's fine. You make them good enough and I'll play them'. It would be ludicrous of a director of football to expect a manager to play young players and win things if those kids weren't of the right standard.

Absolutely.

Make no mistake, Barca play their kids because they are good enough and for the positions they are short in, they go in to the market like anyone else and pay top dollar!

Only the rags are able to consistently play 11 local lads born within the shadow of the Stretford End and nurtured on fergie's tit from the age of 1!<br /><br />-- Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:49 pm --<br /><br />
Danamy said:
blueinsa said:
Danamy said:

Scouting networks have already been set up, the next Messi could be with us as early as next year.

Things are going to start moving at a rate of knots soon and it's vital the right skipper is in charge of the ship.

Then a coach it is as we wont be able to accommodate a manager in the mould of a Fergie, Mourinho or even Bob for that matter as he is no different to them in many ways wanting complete control.

Ferran and Txiki are the real power brokers from now on if this is the case.

No problems with it but they are no different and they need to deliver.

Jason Cundy....who knows whats going on at Chelsea, or so he says..... just said on talkshite that Chelsea want Mourinho back, but if Mancini gets the bullet at city hes heard Mourinho would choose City over Chelsea

Wont happen anyway Mancini is going nowhere

I find it disrespectful that there is even a thread whilst Bobby Manc is still the Boss !!
The fact that the media are against him only strengthens my support of him #forza Mancini

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.