Mourinho vs Pellegrini

TrueBlue1705

Our 'nice guy' is no match for the obnoxious Mourinho .... Listening to Mourinho tonight you see the driving force and his insistence that he will NOT accept a single player on the pitch NOT grafting and giving 100% for their team, especially when they don't have the ball ... Unfortunately we have a few of such players who think the hard graft and dirty side of the game can be left to their team-mates. Toure no.1 culprit, Nasri another suspect

... We don't have the right manager in place who is strong enough to leave a Toure on the bench, instead he gives him the armband in Vinnie's absence when we have much more worthy candidates like Zab and Joe. Go figure this new 'culture' we're supposed to be building at City ...... ITS GOT TO BE ALL ABOUT YAYA!!! Mark my words if all doesn't go swimmingly at City this coming season Yaya will be a f*cking nightmare and embarrassment to the club!!!

Other than a poll on who is the most polite I don't see that Pellegrini can match a ruthless f*cker like Mourinho in any department!!

There is more than one way to skin a cat. Regarding benching Toure we have no idea about these daft clauses some players demand, he is the sort of person i can well imagine demanding "must play if fit" type stuff.

I would like to think behind closed doors he is a bit more vocal and assertive but it is not a prerequisite for success.

josé Mourinho has offered Ruben Loftus-Cheek a timely reminder of what is expected of him as a Chelsea first-team player by branding the teenager’s display in the friendly win over Sydney FC as unacceptable.
“Ruben was saying he had a pain in his back but what I was feeling was that he only had this pain when Sydney had the ball,” said Mourinho, whose side won 1-0 courtesy of Loïc Rémy. “When Chelsea had the ball he was playing very well but when Sydney had the ball I think he was more impressed by watching [John] Mikel Obi and [Nemanja] Matic work, instead of him working himself. So, with Ruben, it’s one step back in terms of my relationship with him. If he doesn’t know what it means to play for me and Chelsea, it’s one step back.

Everything suddenly seems rosy with Mourinho since he won the double this season. Remember Pellers won the double last season and Mourinho din't. I think both styles work, I'd rather have someone like Pellers at the helm that Mourinho. Any case I would have any manager in this world over Mourinho to represent my club.

Our 'nice guy' is no match for the obnoxious Mourinho .... Listening to Mourinho tonight you see the driving force and his insistence that he will NOT accept a single player on the pitch NOT grafting and giving 100% for their team, especially when they don't have the ball ... Unfortunately we have a few of such players who think the hard graft and dirty side of the game can be left to their team-mates. Toure no.1 culprit, Nasri another suspect

... We don't have the right manager in place who is strong enough to leave a Toure on the bench, instead he gives him the armband in Vinnie's absence when we have much more worthy candidates like Zab and Joe. Go figure this new 'culture' we're supposed to be building at City ...... ITS GOT TO BE ALL ABOUT YAYA!!! Mark my words if all doesn't go swimmingly at City this coming season Yaya will be a f*cking nightmare and embarrassment to the club!!!

Other than a poll on who is the most polite I don't see that Pellegrini can match a ruthless f*cker like Mourinho in any department!!

How do you know what Pellegrini says in the dressing room,you don't. Maureen just loves his own voice and himself,we saw what sort of man he is earlier in the season when things were not going right for him and Chelsea , re agendas and referees according to him ,not being fair,not giving penalties etc. booking players for diving.

The only way you're ever going to get long term success is by creating a culture based on hard work and mutual respect which I think is done by always picking the team on merit rather than talent. Tactically you have to be an attacking team who controls games, counter attacking is only effective short term.

Mourinho is a very short term manager, his teams are brought together by his usual "everyone is against us" bollocks but players soon see through it after a couple of years. You'll always get some who are teachers pet (John Terry) who will never leave his side but then he loses others in the dressing room by poking people in the eye, slagging off youngsters, disrespectful comments about other managers and so on. There's a very good reason he's successful at every club for the first 2-3 seasons and then gets sacked or doesn't get his contract extended.

Pellegrini is a very different manager and his approach is geared towards long term success and building relationships with the players based on mutual respect. You will always get some players who push the boundaries (Yaya Toure) and to me he's dealt with that incorrectly this season and has showed a weakness which in turn will allow other players to take the piss. That's why I have always said you pick a team based on merit rather than talent in the Yaya thread, however none of us truly know what's in Yaya's contract and looking at how Mancini and Pellegrini have played him no matter what I think gives us a clue but who knows.

Both have faults and you're never going to find a perfect manager because they don't exist but I'd much rather have a decent human being in charge than a twat. Short term success isn't that important in the long term.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.