Moving Stadiums

rowarta

for once a non ranting Arsenal TV video about Stadium Moves, Maine Road just seems so long ago now.

Last edited:
At least we stayed in the city and moved to a stadium fit for football. West Ham's ground is in no way a traditional English club ground. And it's a trek from where they were. If I was a Hammers fan I'd be mightily hacked off.

At least we stayed in the city and moved to a stadium fit for football. West Ham's ground is in no way a traditional English club ground. And it's a trek from where they were. If I was a Hammers fan I'd be mightily hacked off.

Running tracks round a football ground turn it into neither one thing nor the other. Watching MCWFC over at the National Athletics Stadium was pretty grim. Much better where they are now! And moving too far from the original ground is not good. I expect EFC fans in the main were glad the move to Kirby went belly up!

Maine Road holds so many memories for tens of thousands of fans, but the move to The Etihad, Eastlands, the CoMS, was just the precursor to what's happening now. Would we have got the Beswick training ground had we not moved to East Manchester? Would we have got The Good Sheik had we stayed at Maine Road?

I still am staggered that the London Olympic group didn't follow Manchester's lead in having a plan for the stadium after the games, before the games commenced. These were supposed to be astute business people..... the whole process was / is a shambles. The tax payer and West Ham fans have been shafted.

I still am staggered that the London Olympic group didn't follow Manchester's lead in having a plan for the stadium after the games, before the games commenced. These were supposed to be astute business people..... the whole process was / is a shambles. The tax payer and West Ham fans have been shafted.
Judgement clouded by desperation it wouldn't end up as a footy stadium, imo. West Ham or Orient being there wasn't part of the 'Legacy' plan.

I've got to say, I don't remember all this moaning about the old Wembley. That had a track round the pitch too.

This recent trouble regarding the stadium rent(or whatever it was), a fair few Westham fans were hoping to get kicked out. Might have seemed a nice idea at the time but it has been a farce from the start.

I've got to say, I don't remember all this moaning about the old Wembley. That had a track round the pitch too.
Wembley held three domestic games a season and then later 3 play off games too, mostly to different teams each time - all one off final games in front of 100,000 (reduced to 90,000 seats) so can't be compared to the experience of one club and their fans playing there every other week.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.