Moving to Manchester

Hello City fans!
I'm 19 years old and live in Sweden, but in the near future I want to move to Manchester.

First of all, how easy/expensive is it to rent an apartment in Manchester? Can you recommend a specific area in Manchester which is to prefer?

Secondly, is it easy to get a job? I graduated from school this summer after reading Social Science, and right now am I studying in a university (until next summer) to become a coach in football. I'll have a decent amount of money to start with so I could easily settle with working in a boutique or supermarket to begin with. But how hard is it to get better jobs where you can afford travel abroad on vacation?

Last but definitely not least, how easy/hard is it to get a season ticket at the Etihad?

I'm thinking of moving there (if possible) in the next 10-12 months when I'm done with my education.

For entertainment get this bus after dark (Also does a world tour during daylight)

Manchester_bus_192.jpg

Outside the city centre didsbury is the best place to live, getting a season ticket shouldn't be too much trouble, with regards a job one in your field I couldn't say, but jobs in general you would be fine with

if you've got a load of money and dont mind getting robbed then didsbury is great ;)

Thank you for every advice I'm receiving. I've been looking at many different apartments/houses to rent, and many of them are for students. Do you know if it is possible to rent them anyway or do I have to try my luck at another place instead?

The ones I liked the most was in Salford. Apart from the rags, is it a "safe" area? My friend who is thinking of moving along with me (Chelsea fan unfortunately) thought the crime level was pretty high there. Is he correct or do you know any area whom I shall try to avoid?

Depends where in Salford Clerqs, near media city that is getting all done up.
The best security you can have is get a flat that is not ground floor.

If there is 2 of you then you should be able to find a nice place for 450-500pm pretty easily.

Avoid lower broughton.

Thank you for every advice I'm receiving. I've been looking at many different apartments/houses to rent, and many of them are for students. Do you know if it is possible to rent them anyway or do I have to try my luck at another place instead?

The ones I liked the most was in Salford. Apart from the rags, is it a "safe" area? My friend who is thinking of moving along with me (Chelsea fan unfortunately) thought the crime level was pretty high there. Is he correct or do you know any area whom I shall try to avoid?

Student lets are students only. None students have to pay council tax so students won't want any none student sharing with them. Also landlords expect students to piss off June to September despite making them pay retainers or even rent.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.