Muffin or Barm

I think those who go into a shop and ask for a chip barm need either hospitalising, certifying or a custodial sentence. Personally, I'd apply all three. Chip barm is the most incongruous piece of English ever to hit a keyboard. The sheer poetry, rolling off the tongue - chip muffin!

I understand that some of you are foreigners - Wythenshawe, Didsbury, out of Towners such as Urmonstites and the country bumpkins from Failsworth but for a select few of us 'tis a muffin. Hence CMTID - City and a Muffin Till I Die!

I think those who go into a shop and ask for a chip barm need either hospitalising, certifying or a custodial sentence. Personally, I'd apply all three. Chip barm is the most incongruous piece of English ever to hit a keyboard. The sheer poetry, rolling off the tongue - chip muffin!

I understand that some of you are foreigners - Wythenshawe, Didsbury, out of Towners such as Urmonstites and the country bumpkins from Failsworth but for a select few of us 'tis a muffin. Hence CMTID - City and a Muffin Till I Die!
It's a chip Barm in Tony's chippy, I'll leave it there.

bacon egg and sausage barm please with brown sauce and a
blueberry muffin please

a muffin is a small cake ,see above for details.

It is if yer a Yank, but to a North Manc it's a flattened piece of dough, that can be severed cleanly and stuffed with any filling of your choice! I vary between boiled ham, chips, and bacon, bacon, chips and boiled ham. I do like variety.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.