Murray v Djokovic

getting very close

murry had 4 game points in the second set
now 6.5 to murry

Bigga said:
Murray wins!!

I think he'll be the one to challenge Nadal next! It's gotten really close between them, lately.

first of many i hope

as for Nadle its going to be close next season
but murry is getting better every match he plays
winning your first the hardest thing to ask tim

ancoats said:
Bigga said:
Murray wins!!

I think he'll be the one to challenge Nadal next! It's gotten really close between them, lately.

first of many i hope

I agree! The pressure of being No.1 told on Nadal, yesterday! I truly don't think he'll be No.1 too long, as people being to study his game on a deeper level. The fact that he likes to keep the high ball going is getting sussed, finally. Murray made headway by keeping the rallies really short, before the knee injury, last week.

The only thing left to counter is Nadal's superb speed and passing game!

Bigga said:
ancoats said:
Bigga said:
Murray wins!!

first of many i hope

I agree! The pressure of being No.1 told on Nadal, yesterday! I truly don't think he'll be No.1 too long, as people being to study his game on a deeper level. The fact that he likes to keep the high ball going is getting sussed, finally. Murray made headway by keeping the rallies really short, before the knee injury, last week.

I remember watching a match, in Rome i think it was, Nadal vs Starace, and it was one of the closest run matches for Nadal on clay that i can remember. Practically every 3rd point, Starace played a drop shot, and followed it into the net. Nadal would reach them, but once he did, it got him involved in a kind of mini-tennis game, rather than standing metres behind the base-line hitting with ridiculous top spin. I honestly feel the way to beat Nadal has to be to get him out of his comfort zone, whether that's bringing him into the net, or taking everything early and rushing him (the way Djokovic beats him on hard courts, though it wouldn't work on clay). Andy has the skill and touch, though i don't think he can dominate a point with his forehand, so he'll need to work on that.

pee dubya said:
Bigga said:
ancoats said:
Bigga said:
Murray wins!!

first of many i hope

I remember watching a match, in Rome i think it was, Nadal vs Starace, and it was one of the closest run matches for Nadal on clay that i can remember. Practically every 3rd point, Starace played a drop shot, and followed it into the net. Nadal would reach them, but once he did, it got him involved in a kind of mini-tennis game, rather than standing metres behind the base-line hitting with ridiculous top spin. I honestly feel the way to beat Nadal has to be to get him out of his comfort zone, whether that's bringing him into the net, or taking everything early and rushing him (the way Djokovic beats him on hard courts, though it wouldn't work on clay). Andy has the skill and touch, though i don't think he can dominate a point with his forehand, so he'll need to work on that.

true

the power of nadal is on the base line
and you need to bring him in the net

for me murry need to work on is second serve
and go for alot more on it
at the moment its easy pickings

but we have to look at the long term
and murry is only just starting out in the game
and the likes of nadal have been playing alot more years on tour

so in 2 or 3 years murry will be up there and i can see him winning
a load of majors and being world number 1

ancoats said:
pee dubya said:
Bigga said:
ancoats said:
Bigga said:
Murray wins!!

first of many i hope

true

the power of nadal is on the base line
and you need to bring him in the net

for me murry need to work on is second serve
and go for alot more on it
at the moment its easy pickings

but we have to look at the long term
and murry is only just starting out in the game
and the likes of nadal have been playing alot more years on tour

so in 2 or 3 years murry will be up there and i can see him winning
a load of majors and being world number 1

Don't think Murray will be Number 1 on merit of domination, more the battle of good players jostling for the position. Bit like when Marit Safin and Gustavo Kuerten reached it. There's not much between Murray, Djokovic and Nadal, at all now! Their styles are all different, but Murray has the most variation and speed of thought about it.

That's why I think Nadal and Murray will have many more intelligent battles. Murray mixes it up really well(AND with a MUCH improved forehand as well. His weight training is doing wonders for the boy!), but the key is whether he can pick up the angled shots that Nadal produces out of thin air!

Hard to read, but not impossible if Muzza can get his feet working!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.