Music player problem

Ken Shabby

Got a strange problem with my music player. It's just a cheap Samsung thing from Argos and is probably out of warranty but there seems to be a power supply fault. The thing just knocks itself off now for some reason and gives the impression of not being switched on at the mains. Then I look an hour later and the clock is flashing and needs resetting but when I do so it goes off again. Or I can't get it to go from standby to on, or it switches from ON to standby and wont go back on again. Seems to have developed a mind of its own. And sometimes it stays on for a few hours at a time and then goes off. Sorry if I haven't explained it very well but I hope you get the drift. No point in posting the model n' sh*t as it seems to be electrical problems, of which I know zip. Do these faults occur and can I sort it (cheaply)?

Could be a dodgy power lead.
Open the plug (obviously remove from wall socket) and check all wires are connected correctly and aren't loose.
Also sometimes where the power cable pushes into the device, the plug can be a bit loose. Make sure it's pushed in tight all the way.

Walshy said:
Could be a dodgy power lead.
Open the plug (obviously remove from wall socket) and check all wires are connected correctly and aren't loose.
Also sometimes where the power cable pushes into the device, the plug can be a bit loose. Make sure it's pushed in tight all the way.
Cheers man, but it's one of those plugs that you can't get access to, only the fuze. And I've changed that a couple of times (pointlessly I know. It either works or it doesn't!).

Unless I'm doing it wrong!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.