Must see documentaries..

Was this at the cinema or did you find it online? Asking for a friend.

I live in Asia and have bought some TV box with all UK tv on there... it just popped up on the video club list section. Wouldnt know where to find it on the net sorry. To be honest, I only watched it due to it being a Theroux doc, but the subject was actually really interesting once it got going (suppose thats why he is so good at his job!).

Must say a big thanks to those that have posted on this thread. Watched some great documentaries recently - couple of my favourites are:- Searching For Sugar Man and Welcome To Lagos. Keep up the good work.

Just watched Fantastic lies a 30 for 30 about the Duke Lacrosse team's rape allegations, well worth a watch.

Watched Audrie and Daisy, pretty shocking, but hardly surprising these days. The girls don't do themselves any favours but the lads need stringing up by their balls along with those with the mentality to protect them.

13th. On Netflix and is about the prison population in America. Some shocking facts, especially one comment from a Presidents campaign organiser who stated that their policies were absolutely designed to jail more black people.

The Civil War by Ken Burns. A rather lengthy documentary on the US Civil War. Not everyone's cup of tea as it is something like 10 hours long and goes into some serious detail, but the interviews (especially with Shelby Foote) are excellent. Soundtrack is pretty damn good as well.

From a military stand point is just shocking the blending of out of date tactics with modern weaponry and the carnage it produced. Every facet of the war from political to International relations is touched. If you have the interest and the time watch it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Civil_War_(TV_series)
Any Ken Burns docs are excellent
Baseball for the history
And Jazz was fab

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.