My Dog bit me..

We had a lab/Alsatian cross which the vet told us was a bad mix and brought out the worst traits of both breed. He had to be destroyed after he took a chunk out of me for the third time. Good luck mate.

Feel free to merge this...

I have a lodger who has a dog and he bought it to stay, really placid think. My dog is a lab / collie mix and quite boisterous and thinks hes alpha. Yesterday he went for her food so I grabbed him by the collar to pull him away and he bit my hand, drawing blood and several teeth marks. I gave him a smack and locked him in a room for an hour. What the hell do you do if your dog shows a real nasty side? I think he was jealous and being greedy, the other dog has left my house now...

Your mutt probably thought it was the other dog trying to get at its food and reacted the way dogs do.

My last mutt was 14 when it went. Lived by my side since it was 6 weeks old. It bit me twice in its life. Once when aged about 2 and then again when she was 12ish after i'd wrestled a cooked chicken out of her gob.

Just thank you lucky stars it wasn't your goldfish that turned nasty on you.

My dog bit my hand as I tried to retrieve my daughters cuddley toy she was chewing.

A few months later she bit my daughters face as she also tried to get her teddy back. Countless stitches, reconstructive surgery and scars she'll bare for the rest of her life.

You can't rehome a dog that bites, my only regret is not having her put down after she bit me!

Feel free to merge this...

I have a lodger who has a dog and he bought it to stay, really placid think. My dog is a lab / collie mix and quite boisterous and thinks hes alpha. Yesterday he went for her food so I grabbed him by the collar to pull him away and he bit my hand, drawing blood and several teeth marks. I gave him a smack and locked him in a room for an hour. What the hell do you do if your dog shows a real nasty side? I think he was jealous and being greedy, the other dog has left my house now...

You did the right thing. Dogs are pack animals by nature and you have to show them you are the boss/their leader. Doesn’t mean beat the fuck out of him or be cruel, but they have to know you are the top dog.....if you’ll pardon the pun. From your dog’s point of view, he’s got an interloper on his turf and that clearly doesn’t sit well in doggy land

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.