My PC

WMC said:
LEE BRADBURY said:
WMC said:
cheers,

It says 2.79 GHz and 512 mb of ram?????

wtf does that mean?
2.79 ghz is your processor speed which is reasonable, the processor is the brain that works your computer.

512mb ram is the system memory it also controls graphics applications.yours is not enough.

You don’t have enough memory that’s why you’re having problems viewing streams you need to upgrade to 1 gig of ram that’s 2 x 512mb ram and you won’t have any problems I promise.

Or if you can’t upgrade buy a new computer, one with at least 1 gig of memory maybe (even 2) that’s equivalent to 4 x 512 mb.

For the time being try turning everything on your computer you don’t need when browsing,(programs running in the background), use just the programs you need to use when surfing, people have MSN running continuously it can cause your computer to crash when viewing streams

Cheers Lee,

I have only had it about three years, and all i do really is surf the net. How much will it cost to get more memory
It is easy to find out if you can upgrade.

When your not using your computer unplug it from the wall DON’T LEAVE IT PLUGGED IN WHILST YOU DO THIS .

Disconnect your cables and take the side of your case off you should quite clearly see the memory which is a small oblong circuit board with a number of black chips on slotted in to your mother board it is about 4 inches long dark green. you can release it by pushing the little plastic clips either side of it.

You don’t need to touch anything, if there is an empty slot the same size directly in front or behind your memory you can upgrade by buying the exact same memory from aria or microdirect.

If there is not you will have to take the memory already in your computer out and take it to Aria or Microdirect and tell them you want 1 gig of the same memory take it home and just slot it back in to the same spot.

Hope this helps mate.

WMC said:
LEE BRADBURY said:
WMC said:
cheers,

It says 2.79 GHz and 512 mb of ram?????

wtf does that mean?
2.79 ghz is your processor speed which is reasonable, the processor is the brain that works your computer.

512mb ram is the system memory it also controls graphics applications.yours is not enough.

You don’t have enough memory that’s why you’re having problems viewing streams you need to upgrade to 1 gig of ram that’s 2 x 512mb ram and you won’t have any problems I promise.

Or if you can’t upgrade buy a new computer, one with at least 1 gig of memory maybe (even 2) that’s equivalent to 4 x 512 mb.It won’t cost much probably less than £20.00 or maybe a bit more, it will drastically improve your performance, your processor is a decent one, so memory upgrade is the way to go.

Google some images of memory and you will have a good idea what it looks like visit Aria and look at the memory cards you will then spot it as soon as you take the side of your case off it is really easy.

Like I said if you take it with you the lads at Aria will sort you out.

For the time being try turning everything on your computer you don’t need when browsing,(programs running in the background), use just the programs you need to use when surfing, people have MSN running continuously it can cause your computer to crash when viewing streams

Cheers Lee,

I have only had it about three years, and all i do really is surf the net. How much will it cost to get more memory

It won’t cost much probably less than £20.00 or maybe a bit more, it will drastically improve your performance, your processor is a decent one, so memory upgrade is the way to go.

Google some images of memory and you will have a good idea what it looks like visit Aria and look at the memory cards you will then spot it as soon as you take the side of your case off it is really easy.

Like I said if you take it with you the lads at Aria will sort you out.
atbmcfc said:
WMC said:
Cheers Lee,

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Components/Memory/?x=12&p_order=price_asc&p=cF9zdHlsZT1saXN0JnBfcHJvZHVjdHNQZXJQYWdlPSY=" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" target="_blank">http://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Componen ... JQYWdlPSY=</a>
about £10

Cheers once again, as my computer is a Dell, can i still buy this memory on that site?

WMC said:
Cheers once again, as my computer is a Dell, can i still buy this memory on that site?

You will definitely be able to upgrade the memory already in your case,just find out what it is

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.crucial.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" target="_blank">http://www.crucial.com/</a>

scan your computer it will tell you which memory you need :-)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.