My Thoughts Into The Arabs Thinking!!

samy said:
Chippy_boy said:
I don't know where this the arabs are excellent business men line has developed from.

Don't take it personally mate - I am not meaning to have a go at you. It's just I keep reading that from people who have likely had no dealings with them and no idea whether they are good business men or dreadful business men.

I don't think you have to be particularly gifted to pump oil out of the ground and sell it for hundreds of billions of dollars. Lucky bastards would be a better description, imho.

True mate Very True but no matter how much they got (Oil) wise they have stakes in Ferrari and MAC and you need to be good bussinessman in my opion to succeed in that.. Or Im talking bullshit one of the two!!!

The reason they are investing in western companies like MAC and Ferrari is because in 15 or 20 years time the oil is going to run out. They are investing for the future - I dont think they acually have any business input into these companies, just investment.

Citytillidie69 said:
samy said:
True mate Very True but no matter how much they got (Oil) wise they have stakes in Ferrari and MAC and you need to be good bussinessman in my opion to succeed in that.. Or Im talking bullshit one of the two!!!

The reason they are investing in western companies like MAC and Ferrari is because in 15 or 20 years time the oil is going to run out. They are investing for the future - I dont think they acually have any business input into these companies, just investment.

You are very naive if you think that is the case. Any venture capitalist who invests in a business over 'I think' 30% will have a direct say in the running of the business and a place on the board.

No one would invest their hard earned and then leave others to go and manage the business - that would be VERY foolish.

I am incredulous that ANY City fans would question the business acumen of these guys, these are businessmen of the highest calibre and I for one, Mark Hughes or no Mark Hughes would rather they stick around for a very long time.

The short sightedness of some City fans is actually quite frightening. We are on the dawn of a new era and yet some City fans still can't seem to shake the negativity !

Ferrari shareholding 5% they have no involvement or say even with a 114 million euro investment.

They also invested £7.5billion in Citibank - they are classed as and want to act as "passive" shareholders and have NO say in the running of the bank.

Now I am not making any comment on the business accumen of the Arabs as we actually have no real knowledge of how good or how bad they are, I was just pointing out why they are investing.

Citytillidie69 said:
Ferrari shareholding 5% they have no involvement or say even with a 114 million euro investment.

They also invested £7.5billion in Citibank - they are classed as and want to act as "passive" shareholders and have NO say in the running of the bank.

Now I am not making any comment on the business accumen of the Arabs as we actually have no real knowledge of how good or how bad they are, I was just pointing out why they are investing.

Have you any grasp of the acumen used by Sheikh Mansour when he just last month became the biggest shareholder in Barclays Bank?

You realise that this deal was put in place to guarantee City working capital for the future..?

"Barclays will issue 3 billion pounds of reserve capital instruments (RCIs), which will pay annual interest of 14 percent until June 2019.

In conjunction with the RCIs, investors have subscribed for warrants to buy up to 1.5 billion new shares at an exercise price of 197.775 pence per share, or 3 billion pounds in aggregate. The warrants are exercisable at any time for a five-year term from the date of issue. Barclays shares closed on Thursday at 205.25p.

The RCIs will pay an annual coupon of 14 percent until June 2019 and 3-month LIBOR plus 13.4 percent thereafter.

The RCI coupon is tax deductable and after tax the coupon will be about 10 percent.

After adding in the warrant value, the cost of the instrument is comparable with preference shares other banks are likely to issue, said Chris Lucas, finance director.

The RCIs will qualify as tier one capital.

Barclays will also issue 4.3 billion pounds of mandatory convertible notes (MCNs).

Some 2.8 billion pounds of MCNs are being issued to Qatar and Sheik Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan. A further 1.5 billion pounds of MCNs are being offered to existing institutions and other investors through an accelerated placing, being run by Barclays Capital, Credit Suisse and JPMorgan Cazenove.

All the MCNs will pay an annual coupon of 9.75 percent until conversion into ordinary shares before the end of June 2009. Conversion will result in the issue of 2.8 billion new shares, representing 33.5 percent of Barclays' existing share capital. The conversion price is 153.276 pence.

The bank said offering full pre-emption rights to shareholders would have taken too long and been too risky in current markets. "We thought it better to have certain money and quickly," said Marcus Agius, Barclays chairman.

INVESTORS:

Barclays is raising up to 3.5 billion pounds from Sheikh Mansour Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, which will give him a 16.3 percent stake in the bank"

Ajay said:
MH has until summer!

Nothing will happen until then!

Until then everyone should calm down and support our Manager!

Personally, I believe he will come good for us.

exactly THIS! he needs until the end of the season to show what he can do(without everyone calling for his head everytime something goes wrong) hes great in the transfer market, he wont take no shit as proven, and the rest will take care of itself!

In my humble opinion...

It's easy to apply our Western thinking onto Arab thinking and get the wrong answer.

You know, the one where we expect a quick return for our cash and if we can blame somebody else then let's do it because it's not our fault.

They do not think the same as the West when it comes to business.

There is no short-term view when they start a long-term project.
Imagine that the plan is something like this....

Objective - top class team in 3 years time (2011-12 season) capable of winning the Premier League
1. Take over with very little time to use the mega cash, but try to but 1, 2 or 3 top players to kick-start the season and to tell the football world that we are serious
2. Accept that some of the current squad will take the hump and get on the phone to their agents for shipping out asap or to get a big pay rise
3. Accept that the real work will come at the end of the first season when we can put a structured set of transfers together and MH can get a squad he is happy with after clearing out the slackers
4. Demand major improvement for the 2nd season (2009-10) with a team capable of getting a CL spot
5. Expect to get a CL spot in 3rd season (2010-11) and hope to win the Premier League
6. Win Premier League in 2011-12

If it's anything like that then they would say we are almost on plan - the downer is that we got only Rob to add to SWP, Vinny, Zab and Ireland, then the Boj and Petrov got injured to seriously harm our attack.
So fixing the defence, replacing a whinging Elano and getting a striker or two is a good bet for getting back on plan.

And cash will not come into it.... to sack MH would say "we failed" and that is not in the Arab mentality

Ajay said:
MH has until summer!

So is that after the £100m its took to consolidat our position or after the next £200 its taken to rebuild the side again after he's alienated all the new players he's had to bring in for all the current ones he has

Mike D said:
Ajay said:
MH has until summer!

So is that after the £100m its took to consolidat our position or after the next £200 its taken to rebuild the side again after he's alienated all the new players he's had to bring in for all the current ones he has

Put me down for 10%, my twenty quid is in the post ;)

Abu Dhabi, shifting about 2,500,000 barrels of oil a day at something like $100 a pop last year would be making $250,000,000 a day. Say about £200,000,000 at last year's exchange rates.
They are said to be investing $20,000,000,000 to increase oil production to about 3,500,000 barrels a day over the next 2 years.
And it is said that they make more money from investments than from the oil. So I doubt if the odd £100 million will make them lose sleep if they think it's a fair investment.

The numbers become meaningless at some point... to me anyway, having grown up as a snotty-nosed kid on a council estate in Ashton in the 60s and 70s. I just want our City to become winners again.

BlueDune said:
If it's anything like that then they would say we are almost on plan - the downer is that we got only Rob to add to SWP, Vinny, Zab and Ireland, then the Boj and Petrov got injured to seriously harm our attack.

I'd say their plan was for us to be playing in Europe next season, it would be a great advantage when it comes to buying those players. We are well behind our "plan" IMO.

So fixing the defence, replacing a whinging Elano and getting a striker or two is a good bet for getting back on plan.

Do you honestly think that sacking a "whinging" Elano will instantly transform the dressing room into a harmonious one?

And cash will not come into it.... to sack MH would say "we failed" and that is not in the Arab mentality

To keep someone in a job that they know isn't good enough isn't a part of their mentality I would suggest.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.