My Thoughts Into The Arabs Thinking!!

Don't take what I am about to say as bragging or oneupmanship or claiming to be "In The Know" but during my career I have worked for two Middle Eastern Royal Families for a total of just over two years.

Whilst I do have some idea at how they work and invest I am by no means an authority on the situation. I have seen and been involved in various investments ranging from commercial jets, multi-million pound properties (tens of millions), technology companies etc.

The investments that my firm at the time was involved with represented a fraction of their overall wealth and I got the impression that many firms were involved with their wide range of investments.

From my experience, whenever we needed money we said what we needed and why...within a day or two it arrived no matter how big or small. If we needed to get other professionals in be it bankers, architects, builders etc we were told to go and get the best.

When problems arose (not through our doing I may hasten to add) we went out and got the best lawyers available.

I got the impression throughout that they were very honourable people who wanted the best and took a long term view. I didn't get the impression that making even more money was always primary factor in making investments and in my time I did see money being wasted on a very large scale. I got the impression, and I could be wrong, that they had no perception of the value of money.

I did come across someone who ripped off one of my clients at the time. I lined up a lawyer to go and sort it out but was told not to worry about it. I explained that many millions had been lost and could be recovered etc but was simply told, that the person who did the ripping off will never set foot in our kingdom again. I didn't ask any more questions!

In my opinion, I think our owners are honest and only want the best for City. I cannot see them getting rid of Hughes at this stage but I cannot see them settling for second best either. I can see them throwing huges sums of money into City if this is required.

a lot of interesting points.......

i believe the arabs are patient buisness men, and would not panic in a bad situation with all their experience. they see the window coming up and are prepared to pay to inmprove the squad, results are crap at the min, but my guess is they will review at the end of the season to see if we are progressing the way they would like, even if our final position is average....if the teams performance and attitude are set straight then i feel that would show improvement.......but making a panic change to the manager is something the fans would do, these guys must realise a plan and success dosnt come as easily as we all want it to and are prepared to wait............thank god!

....I also have a sneaky suspition we might have already signed someone....not sure why just a hunch.

Uwe Rosler's Grandad said:
I got the impression throughout that they were very honourable people who wanted the best and took a long term view. I didn't get the impression that making even more money was always primary factor in making investments and in my time I did see money being wasted on a very large scale. I got the impression, and I could be wrong, that they had no perception of the value of money.

I did come across someone who ripped off one of my clients at the time. I lined up a lawyer to go and sort it out but was told not to worry about it. I explained that many millions had been lost and could be recovered etc but was simply told, that the person who did the ripping off will never set foot in our kingdom again. I didn't ask any more questions!

In my opinion, I think our owners are honest and only want the best for City. I cannot see them getting rid of Hughes at this stage but I cannot see them settling for second best either. I can see them throwing huges sums of money into City if this is required.

absolutely spot on

extravagant spending is almost a way of showing that money doesn't matter - chasing the guy for the cash would have shown that they needed the money in Arab eyes... no way.

As long as we survive this season with some kind of reasonable position then I expect Hughes to get all of nex tseason before a Plan B comes out of the drawer

Bluebeer said:
a lot of interesting points.......

i believe the arabs are patient buisness men, and would not panic in a bad situation with all their experience. they see the window coming up and are prepared to pay to inmprove the squad, results are crap at the min, but my guess is they will review at the end of the season to see if we are progressing the way they would like, even if our final position is average....if the teams performance and attitude are set straight then i feel that would show improvement.......but making a panic change to the manager is something the fans would do, these guys must realise a plan and success dosnt come as easily as we all want it to and are prepared to wait............thank god!

....I also have a sneaky suspition we might have already signed someone....not sure why just a hunch.

And when all is said and done City are a very very small business to them, albeit in a privileged media spot...So the matter of loosing or making money is surely secondary to their prime goals who seems to be more PR/Media oriented.

Do they want success..yup, everyone does

Do they DEMAND instant success..Nope, they have a long view on things like that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.