My white neighbor thought I was breaking into my own apartment. (Article)

HelloCity

Extract:

I said it was only me and, hands still raised, slowly descended the stairs, focused on one officer’s eyes and on his pistol. I had never looked down the barrel of a gun or at the face of a man with a loaded weapon pointed at me. In his eyes, I saw fear and anger. I had no idea what was happening, but I saw how it would end: I would be dead in the stairwell outside my apartment, because something about me — a 5-foot-7, 125-pound black woman — frightened this man with a gun. I sat down, trying to look even less threatening, trying to de-escalate. I again asked what was going on. I confirmed there were no pets or people inside.

I told the officers I didn’t want them in my apartment. I said they had no right to be there. They entered anyway. One pulled me, hands behind my back, out to the street. The neighbors were watching. Only then did I notice the ocean of officers. I counted 16. They still hadn’t told me why they’d come.

Full account:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/post...nto-my-own-apartment-nineteen-cops-showed-up/

Officers looking for Hispanics after someone resident in the complex reporting a burglary hardly makes this like a modern day roots. They have real racial tensions that i can't possibly get my head around but this does not smell like one of those episodes.

I don't have any white neighbors.
cannibals.jpg

Anymore!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.