Naby Keita

Worst thing about this NBCSN nonsense is how they are promo-ing it as some kind of great new deal. Charging us for what we used to get for free. I'm hoping they will add some extra functionality such as the ability to mute the commentators but keep the field audio. THAT would be paying for. But OT... Anyway Keita! Let's get him and trigger some dippers!

I've given them up.

Highest potential from 2015:

Paul Pogba 21 MC/DMC Juventus 28.5 9.5
Martin Odegaard 15 AMC/MC/AMR Real Madrid 9.0 9.3
Youri Tielemans 17 MC Anderlecht 1.0 9.3
Raheeem Sterling 19 AML/AMC/ML/AMR/ST Liverpool 26 8.9
Eder Alvarez Balanta 21 DC/DL River Plate 2.3 8.9
Julian Brandt 18 ML/AML/MR/AMR Leverkusen 3.8 8.8
Mateo Kovacic 20 MC/AMC Inter Milan 7.8 8.8
Leon Goretzka 19 MC/DMC/AMC Schalke 4.7 8.8

Who the hell knew who tielemans, brandt, or goretzka was in 2014 when this was under development? Turns out that list was pretty accurate, no?

Mate, the hint is the teams they're playing for. They're not playing for some backwater outfit in the sticks. All very well known and high profile clubs.

To put it back to you then - as that list was only two years ago - where is Sane? Where is Nacho? Where is Jesus? Where is Mbappe? Where is Dembele? Donnarumma? Delle Alli? Kane? Weigl? Pulisic? Dahoud? Rabiot?

What i'm getting at is that you can't use that list as evidence of them 'getting it right' as it almost seems like that after a young player breaks through at a big club then their 'potential' goes up in their database. Case in point - it will be incredibly interesting to see what Vinicius Junior's rating was both before and after signing for Real Madrid...

Mate, the hint is the teams they're playing for. They're not playing for some backwater outfit in the sticks. All very well known and high profile clubs.

To put it back to you then - as that list was only two years ago - where is Sane? Where is Nacho? Where is Jesus? Where is Mbappe? Where is Dembele? Donnarumma? Delle Alli? Kane? Weigl? Pulisic? Dahoud? Rabiot?

What i'm getting at is that you can't use that list as evidence of them 'getting it right' as it almost seems like that after a young player breaks through at a big club then their 'potential' goes up in their database. Case in point - it will be incredibly interesting to see what Vinicius Junior's rating was both before and after signing for Real Madrid...

I'm buzzing, literally and figuratively after the match (amazing, really it was beautiful and this squad will be something special). Let's just meet in the middle here. I could argue with you and put loads of time into this debate but it's not worth it. I'm telling you, unequivocally, that this isn't some bullshit kiddie game. You're saying it's not some perfect science and it's not gospel and they get things wrong.... In that regard you're spot.. f'ing.. on. I've spent so much time in analytics and I'm telling you for a fact that these things can be projected accurately and eerily so. It's not a 100 or 0 game. Big data is a thing and it's scary at what they can do with it.

It's just a pretty solid reference point that you can generally count on as being correct (ON AVERAGE). Take that into account and use the 'eye test'. That's what I do. I'll take the analysis of over 1000 professionals in a billion + dollar industry over my arrogant analysis nearly every single time. I can't believe people dismiss these things. That's not a jab at you btw. People just don't understand how in depth these things are.

Who's to say FIFA isn't just a really accurate representation? It's a billion dollar game after all and one that they've been tweaking for something like 30 years. Hell, clubs apparently pay for access to FM databases. Our boy Gabriel Jesus was pretty well known from FM alone a few years before anyone had even remotely heard of him and how's that worked out?
wasn't a criticism but I watch a lot of football,but have never seen this lad play

I hope this is true. If so we have already sorted the next transfer window with Keita and Hernandez from Atletico. CM and CB sorted. Fantastic if true!
Fantastic yes, not sure what I'd do all summer though, be sat twiddling thumbs.

You are right next summer could become really boring.
Seriously though world cup years can be difficult to get players in with them coming back late, if we can be more or less sorted it would be a big advantage.

Liverpool's pursuit of Naby Keita is over for this summer. (Dominic King)

The Reds have accepted that RB Leipzig are unwilling to do business, and Liverpool are now actively pursuing other targets. (Dominic King)

Interesting. Could be a option next year for us.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.