Napoli (A) Post Match Thread

Every title winning teams has used set piece as a attacking weapon. We are doing that as well so that is a major bonus for us this season. So more unpredictable.

Season after season I've been yelling for someone to swing a ball into the box. Defenders have to get it right, every time. Get it wrong and we have people who know how to head a goal - Otters, Stonesy, Kompers, and The Mangler will have his first before the season's out!

If I were the person to make that decision at City, I wouldn't tell anyone anything about what our intentions were in detail, because to fore warn our opponents is to fore arm them.

BUT the major reason is that nothing is certain in football. We could offer Pep a 10 year contract today & it could all go horribly wrong tomorrow, so the sensible thing would be to agree any contract extensions in increments. This gives both the club & Pep security without slipping a noose around either parties neck.

If Pep's masterplan works well in the future, we'd be the most progressive football group on the planet & he'd be well on the way to cementing his status as one of the best managers in history, so why would he or the club want to change anything?

I doubt the club would want to change anything even if we won fuck all short term, as they know how great the rewards can be if Pep gets it right long term (I think even the most backward thinking of City's support must also realise that, watching us now, even though we have no guarantee of a trophy). But as has been discussed in the 'new contract' thread, Pep himself will go, if the day comes where his 'magic' wears off & he can't influence the players the same. If that's next season, he'll go then, if it's in five years, he'll go then.

I think he'll find it hard to leave City, so long as his methods are still working & he's still improving players. A key might be, the homegrown players coming through. It would be a challenge for Pep, to bring through a core of players like he did at Barca, & that might keep him occupied for some time if it starts to happen.

Easy to criticise, but his first season was the best football I'd ever watched until this season, we won a double and scored more goals than we ever have (to date).
Pellegrini's first season was good albeit Bob's team.
The second season, when he knew that he was going to be replaced, was understandably lacklustre.
The most dissapointing thing was the C/L semi final where we only needed 1 goal to go into the final, and we'd probably have won the trophy from that point.
Generally though, Pellegrini did a good job in a charming way.

Pellegrini's first season was good albeit Bob's team.
The second season, when he knew that he was going to be replaced, was understandably lacklustre.
The most dissapointing thing was the C/L semi final where we only needed 1 goal to go into the final, and we'd probably have won the trophy from that point.
Generally though, Pellegrini did a good job in a charming way.

And then there's the 3rd season.

Isn't there a button you can press to counteract it?

In Fm you just make the changes, in real life it's a bit harder to do that communication from the sideline i figure. Slaughtering lamb i think was correct in the thought that we simply need to pull back a central midfielder in that case to act as a second DM. I think that in that case it would be best for the CM to take Fern's spot while Fern goes to the overloaded flank, as in that case the central midfielder would be more free to receive the ball from fern when he intercepted it so that he could quickly start up the counter on the other flank.

absolute shite.

dead simple. they behave we behave. members and mods.
We used to have a 'Stokie' who was always funny and friendly and a Sunderland fan who was great.
I like proper fans, wherever they come from.

This has always been an awful forum for welcoming opposition fans lol, they're normally chased out by the same three or four posters too. Mods don't give a shit either haha.

I think we have one West Ham, one Celtic, FcBarca, one brave United fan, and a Tottenham fan that occasionally pops up.
And the Sunderland guy. He’s a good egg.

Not sure why @FCBarca's getting so much stick. I'm sure I've seen him/her being critical of the rags over on rag caf.

I think i can explain. He has been riling up people here and arguably somewhat intentional over a supposed leave of Pep. FcBarca made the argument in other threads that "Pep wouldn't stay long here" and we were to cherisch the time he was here, as in his view Pep was obviously comming back to Spain. Did he provide any sources for his view? Nope, it seemed all his personal oppinion. Then some poster showed him a video where Pep himself was saying that he wanted to stay with city with a long time, but EVEN THAT didn't hold him from constantly repeating his argument as if it were a fact and as if he knew better than Pep himself. And then he repeats that argument in different threads aswell, and the whole point seems to be that we shouldn't think ourself so high in class that pep would want to stay here rather than he would obviously leave for the better team Barca the moment the spot was open. I get that this annoy's people, he's trying to make people feel uncomfeterable about that future withought good reason but maintaining some air of a know-it-all.

I don't know regarding other posters of other teams. Imho they are all welcome as long as they have enough courtesy and respect for the fact that they are a guest in the lions den. I think it speaks for itself that if you go to a forum of the opposition that you better consider youre behaviour if you want people to accept youre presence there, atleast there would be definite no-no's like having shadenfreude over one of their losses. And i know many of those rules are unwritten but i think anyone with a reasonable brain should be able to get that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.