Napoli (A) Post Match Thread

You do not stay 3 years in a project for which you prepare yourself 9 months that is just a stop-gap - or you see every job as a stop-gap but then City for sure is not the final destination either. For Pep the Bayern job was the ideal job after Barcelona. Some forget that he still is a very young coach who does his third job. Even if his main idea to have the ball has not changed - he has made a big development in Munich, too.

Why I posted is because people try to paint both jobs and clubs and the situations black and white. None is either - they are different.

But - as much as I see coaching is that what he lives for - that is the centre for him - not the stuff around. And that is where I might see the biggest problems with your wish for a long stay in City. I do not see him taking up a different job (or let us say profession) as he loves to work with the players, to develop them, to work out tactics - and do not think he is so wrong with the thinking that somewhen there is a time where the players are tired of him and he will not be able to improve much anymore. He said about that that after the three years (let it be four or five) either most of the players have to change or he has to get out. That was what he did in Barcelona, that is what he did at Bayern.

I do not think he was wrong with that - at Bayern the problem was just that to take Ancelotti as next coach was the big mistake.

And yes, let us talk about it in some years - because we are just guessing.

Bayern is obviously a big club, still bigger than us at the moment but come on mate - it's so obvious the bayern job was just a stop gap before City. It was worst kept secret for years that Pep is City's bound, his brother (and probably him too without it being public) is business partner with City Football group, the years have been spent to prepare everything for him here, we even had some ITK's here who posted he is coming here exactly when he did 2 years before he came. Pep and City are not simple "club hires manager stuff", it's much bigger thing that includes him, his brother, their personal investment in City's loan/feeder club, his best mates in upper positions at the club etc, etc... it's just long time planned project, far bigger than simple managerial job that he had at Bayern. And again, it's not arrogance, as I said Bayern is still bigger club as City, but still :D, it's just facts and common knowledge.

Bayern is obviously a big club, still bigger than us at the moment but come on mate - it's so obvious the bayern job was just a stop gap before City. It was worst kept secret for years that Pep is City's bound, his brother (and probably him too without it being public) is business partner with City Football group, the years have been spent to prepare everything for him here, we even had some ITK's here who posted he is coming here exactly when he did 2 years before he came. Pep and City are not simple "club hires manager stuff", it's much bigger thing that includes him, his brother, their personal investment in City's loan/feeder club, his best mates in upper positions at the club etc, etc... it's just long time planned project, far bigger than simple managerial job that he had at Bayern. And again, it's not arrogance, as I said Bayern is still bigger club as City, but still :D, it's just facts and common knowledge.
Exactly!

Until Guardiola arrived it was still conjecture, but when it was announced he was in fact becoming our new manager, most of that conjecture instantly became fact.

I think it's just hard for one of the aristocratic European elite teams to accept that. I never forget that Richard Keys tweet saying he had rock solid info from Pere Guardiola that his brother would arrive at City when his 3 years at Bayern were up.

It made it all the more sensational that Pep Guardiola was barely 6 months into his 3 year Bayern contract. But like I said, it was all conjecture until Pep arrived just as several industry insiders & ITK's had said he would.

Understandably, Bayern fans are finding it hard to swallow, but the fact Guardiola is now here says it all really.

Having watched the highlights again I hadn't noticed that when Sergio scores the first thing Fernandinho does is to point and run over to Pep and then hugs him. That to me shows the players have totally bought in to what Pep is trying to do. The scary thing is is that I actually think we can get better

I laugh at the idea that Bluemoon is harshly moderated. People who think that should try RAWK, where half the threads are locked and there are all sorts of arcane rules about what you are allowed to say, even if you are a Liverpool fan.

Opposition fans who come on here to take the piss and drone on about oil money or abuse our owner mustn't be surprised if they aren't received with open arms. This isn't a meeting of the Quakers.

Another great performance from everyone of those players that played against Napoli. What we now need is another 2 games like this in our remaining games. Then we should be assured of 1st place. Then with a bit of luck we might get an easy draw in the last 16 for a change.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.