Napoli post-match thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Ric, 17 Oct 2017.

1. Ric

Ric

The first 30 minutes was probably as well as I've ever seen us play. It was mesmerising at times. The Chelsea performance tops it though, purely for being more sustained over a whole game (and away from home).

2. cleavers

cleavers

I agree, but I missed the Stoke game ;o)

My lad says it was the best he'd ever seen, and he had to leave at half time.

3. Bentheblue

Bentheblue

Got to agree, the Chelsea performance was the best full match I have ever seen in over 57 years of watching gods own club, but the first 30 minutes against Napoli were a thing of beauty, almost perfection. Much of the football this season has been almost orgasmic, I feel privalidged to be witnessing it.
    I remember playing Burnley at home in circa 1967/68 and putting a bet on a 7-0 win, which came in. Never thought I would ever be tempted to place such a bet again. Temptation resisted tough, going for a sedate 3-0.

4. lasereyes

lasereyes

Quite brilliant goals too - especially Dzeko's first. His second reminded me of quite a few headed goals for us, notably the absolutely critical one in the opening minutes at Selhurst Park in our second title season.

5. Chris in London

Chris in London

Personally I'm finding that the gloss is slightly coming off the Chelsea win simply because they've been dogshit ever since. That first half an hour on Tuesday by contrast was not only the best I've ever seen us play, it was alongside the best football I've ever seen any team play.

6. FCBarca

FCBarca

Truth is all but 5 Minutes from the 1st half were all City

7. eversince 76

eversince 76

And the second half pretty even other than Napoli gifted more ball possession.

8. FCBarca

FCBarca

No question but I was alluding to the comments that somehow City were in control for 30-35 minutes when it was really like 40 - and ultimately only two cases of poor giveaways deep in their own end from Delph & Silva

9. Rolee

Rolee

Get where you're coming from but is it a case of them being dogshit ever since because we knocked them out of their stride, made them start questioning themselves?

10. Rolee

Rolee

We dominated the first half, they edged the second.