Napoli post-match thread

Discussion in 'Bluemoon forum' started by Ric, 17 Oct 2017.

1. domalino

domalino

They've been shit because Morata, Kante, Moses all got injured. When those 3 are back, so will the normal Chelsea.

2. BluessinceHydeRoad

BluessinceHydeRoad

I was on holiday in Spain for the Chelsea match and only saw the last 30-35 minutes, but we were mightily impressive then. What was so remarkable about the opening period on Tuesday was how easy it was made to seem. The passing was so good that it was conclusive proof, if we need any, that the ball travels faster than any player, but the support and movement from all the players was so purposeful that the (excellent) Napoli players didn't know what to do to get a kick of the ball or keep the ball when they got it. I thought Chelsea played well enough against us in the half hour I saw, and Napoli are clearly a class outfit - but we were simply .... I suppose mesmeric is the only word that comes anywhere near to being fit for purpose. Guardiola says we can always be better and if he can get us to play like that for the full 90 minutes, and play like that (or better!!!) every week we'll have to .... find a whole new vocabulary to talk about City.

3. Scaring Europe to Death

Scaring Europe to Death

Flashback to Tuesday night:
    Are we to assume from the volume of the announcement, that a significant proportion of Napoli supporters suffer from a hearing difficulty?

4. Proy

Proy

Having watched back the full game on TV, one thing that stood out was the interchanching of people in positions. As a general principle, we have a shape, but there were occasions where we had CBs up front, full backs taking shots in the penalty area. Sane/Silva/Sterling constantly swapping. It's testament that whilst all that is happening we still managed to look so solid yet so fluid.

5. canyerdogputoutafire

canyerdogputoutafire

It was deafening for everybody.

6. Pleatfooted

Pleatfooted

Slave
    Haha this

7. IcriedwhenTueartleft

IcriedwhenTueartleft

"phenomenal"?...seriously?..that's why he got hooked after an hour because he was playing so well? Good grief...
    some people Jesus wept

8. Rolee

Rolee

Phenomenal is an exaggeration but he was playing well. The change was tactical, Bernardo retains possession better, something that we needed at that stage of the game to take the sting out of Napoli.