NASA may have made a leap in propulsion.

BlueBearBoots said:
Warp drive! at last - to the moon in under 4 hours exciting indeed
7606dd1442b1d558799827fa5fee2364098225bf943a79728e4e1f960e1fb24a.jpg

Bluemoon115 said:
I don't believe a word until Damo says it's kosher.

Been around for a while in a few different guises. Doesn't actually break any laws of physics as its exasperated inventor keeps screaming from the top of his lungs to be ignored by people.

One to keep an eye on but this feels very much like the idea that neutrinos travelled faster than light - there's so much potential error in the experiments that you'll need to wait a few months for more tests to be ran by other parties before deciding whether to get excited or not.

The principle is pretty simple really to think of. Think of how that guy flies using soundwaves in X-Men - it's essentially that but a billion times more complicated

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EpuaeYawYk[/video]

When I first heard the story one of the things I read was an article where a reporter asked a physicist his view on it and he said that he'd put his mortgage on a spaceship based on this technology being built in this lifetime at 1%.

Gutted. :((

GET THAT WORMHOLE SORTED NASA STOP FUCKING ABOUT WITH EM DRIVE SHIT!

The Pope said:
When I first heard the story one of the things I read was an article where a reporter asked a physicist his view on it and he said that he'd put his mortgage on a spaceship based on this technology being built in this lifetime at 1%.

Gutted. :((

GET THAT WORMHOLE SORTED NASA STOP FUCKING ABOUT WITH EM DRIVE SHIT!

Just to be clear - I'm not suggesting that this doesn't work, only that the current experiment ran had a big potential for error in it and it needs now to be replicated across many different labs and environments.

The grandiose claims made in the popular press about it "reinventing physics" are, as always, total bullshit. The day that something does come along and break such a fundamental law such as the conservation of momentum then it won't be Wired or the Daily Mail that breaks the story

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.