NASA may have made a leap in propulsion.

The FTL 'neutrino' thing just made no sense at all. I think the scientists published knowing full well something had gone wrong, they just wanted to know how. Pretty embarrassing how basic the mistakes were.

This....

nope.

Not calling it.

The Vacuum test is very impressive, but now it goes to the elite lab, and you would never bet against them tearing it apart in a month or two.

I'm torn between recognising how 'wierd' it is, and how there is something really intuitive about it.

I do reckon they've done.... something.

The extrapolated results are just unimaginable, so to avoid going insane, I've chosen to believe it won't scale...

But if they HAVE done SOMETHING, then I think it's a huge win regardless, and understanding the mechanism could lead to great advances in understanding some very problematic areas.

Summerbuzz said:
The FTL 'neutrino' thing just made no sense at all. I think the scientists published knowing full well something had gone wrong, they just wanted to know how. Pretty embarrassing how basic the mistakes were.

This....

nope.

Not calling it.

The Vacuum test is very impressive, but now it goes to the elite lab, and you would never bet against them tearing it apart in a month or two.

I'm torn between recognising how 'wierd' it is, and how there is something really intuitive about it.

I do reckon they've done.... something.

The extrapolated results are just unimaginable, so to avoid going insane, I've chosen to believe it won't scale...

But if they HAVE done SOMETHING, then I think it's a huge win regardless, and understanding the mechanism could lead to great advances in understanding some very problematic areas.

so you don't know either.

dan_bo said:
so you don't know either.

I don't, no. I don't think I want to know.

Fucksakes, figuring out what was going on with my last bank statement drove me a nervous breakdown.

I used to believe in cause and effect. I used to think that £105 was less than £120, that £30 meant £30, and not £-15, and that all of Friday the 24th occurred before Monday the 27th began (rather than actually happening at 2pm on Tuesday the 28th)

It turns out that this was only one of many possible perspectives.

I don't, no. I don't think I want to know.

Fucksakes, figuring out what was going on with my last bank statement drove me a nervous breakdown.

I used to believe in cause and effect. I used to think that £105 was less than £120, that £30 meant £30, and not £-15, and that all of Friday the 24th occurred before Monday the 27th began (rather than actually happening at 2pm on Tuesday the 28th)

It turns out that this was only one of many possible perspectives.

Banks operate according to their own ever changing laws.

All over the internet the last 24hrs. Seems to be more in it than you would think with nasa being coy with their answers. EM propulsion its called. Hope its true. Space takes forever.

Incase you didn't notice i don't know how to link articles. Can someone do the honours.

I bet it'll do a dogs leg round Knutsford

At this time i assume a human body cannot take this proposed propulsion. Or am I off base?

Wearing the right protective clothing (pressurized) and with the right restraints in place I can't see a problem. If you can control the environment inside the vehicle it shouldn't matter what's going on outside it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.